cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman trying to connect to old system

liamclark1
Explorer

Hi,

we have upgraded some of our sap systems and placed them on new hardware, and made the changes needed in solution manager to show this.

However it appears that something has been missed as our solution manager is still trying to connect to the old host names.

In our upgraded sap system (not solman) we can see errors in sm21 stating

17:21:17 DIA  001 200 SM_SM7                Q0  I Operating system call getaddrinfo failed (error no. 0 )

and in the rfc logs there are repeated messages of solman trying to connect to the old host

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=497

Unable to determine host address: NiHostToAddr failed

ABAP Programm: /SDF/SAPLCCMS_TOOLS (Transaction: )

Called function module: SALC_GET_MT_LIST_BY_MTCLASS

User: SM_SM7 (Client: 200)

Destination: ###oldhostname### (Handle: 36, DtConId: 548AB2B3327B06E0E1008000C0A86C3E, DtConCnt: 1, ConvId: ,{548AB2B3-327B-06E0-E100-8000C0A86C3E})

EPP RootContextId: B8AC6F86DFF11ED2B8F7C0826BAFEA70, ConnectionId: 548AD7A7AE838540E1008000C0A86C3E, ConnectionCnt: 1

EPP TransactionId: 2C2382E4462CF1B6BEF9B8AC6F86DFF1

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 37574089, {548AD7A7-AE83-8540-E100-8000C0A86C3E})

SERVER> Caller host:

SERVER> Caller transaction code:  (Caller Program: /SDF/SAPLEFWK_EXTENSION)

SERVER> Called function module: /SDF/E2E_DISPATCHED_COLLECTOR

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2614

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=497

Unable to determine host address: NiHostToAddr failed

HOST =###oldhostname###

SERV =sapdp00

I cannot find where this is being taken from in solution manager. I've tried checking rfcs, smsy, lmdb etc. also tried looking in the program mentioned in rfc error above but it appears to be using a temporary storage table? to collect the information from somewhere.

Does anyone have any idea of where the details of the old hostnames are being taken from?

Regards,

Liam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

liamclark1
Explorer

I've managed to sort this now.

Whilst i found table rfcdes in solman, i later checked this in the managed system too and saw that it had all the entries there.

I then had to run report RSRFCIDEL to delete inactive RFCs as the table RFCDES did not allow entries to be deleted. once done, the errors stopped appearring in st11/sm21

Regards,

Liam

abaco-tao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Liam,

Sorry for replying to such an old post.
I ran RSRFCIDEL in "Display" mode and got a nice list, so I want to run it in "Delete" mode.
However, before I hit F8, I want to know if it deletes all of them straight away or if it lets me decide for each one.
All the documentation I've found so far only states that it runs with these 2 options, nothing else.

Kind regards,
tao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204080
Active Contributor

Hi Liam,

Could you please explain what all changes were done to reflect new hostname.Did you remove the old Technical system from LMDB,SLD

Old hostname might be also be stored in buffer ,will it help if we clear the hostnames from solman

Go to SM51->Go to ->Host name buffer->Reset->Entire system

Please check below things

1.Push the data from managed system to SLD from RZ70

2.Make sure new hostmanes are pinging from solman(maintain hostnames in /etc/hosts) and comment/remove old entries.Make sure if you are using DNS it is pointing to new Hardware IP

3.Make sure SLD has the latest components and hostnames

4.LMDB should get the latest details from SLD and sync up

5.Managed system setup should contain new hostname/DNS name

Regards,

Murali

liamclark1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Basically, i redid all of managed system setup for the new upgraded systems in solman. I then went through all known areas (LMDB, SLD, SMSY etc.) to make sure there was nothing in them relating to the old hosts.

I did find table rfcdes last week which had some of the hosts which were appearing in the errors but not all, i removed them but this hasnt resolved anything

to clarify, the warnings im seeing with regards to old hostnames are mainly appearing in the new, upgraded system rather than solman. so this shows that solman is communicating ok with the new system, it is just checking for the old system name for something.

It is still collecting data as normal for the new system too as far as i can see

in response to your points:

1.this was done as part of the managed system setup process and new data is showing fine

2. new hosts are pinging ok from solman. there is only localhost entries in solmans hosts file.

3. SLD is up to date, not showing any of the old components or hostnames

4. lmdb is up to date with sld (as was part of managed system setup process)

5. there's no mention of the old details in the managed system setup information

I have tried SM51->Go to ->Host name buffer->Reset->Entire system but this ended with an error "Host name buffer for server <servername> could not be reset"

Regards,

Liam