Backup Fails after upgrade to SP90 with Inconsistent SSFS

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this before?

"backup could not be completed, Inconsistent SSFS!"

From the log:

ERROR   BACKUP   SAVE DATA finished with error: [447] backup could not be completed, [1000013] Inconsistent SSFS!

This only occurs on one server since I upgraded it from SP82.  The others I have upgraded do not have this problem.

I am not using Secure Storage.  Have never configured it, but the following alert has also been showing up since the upgrade:

"Your database is currently running with an inconsistent secure storage file system (SSFS). Access to encrypted data and encryption of data are limited."

"Check and make sure that the secure storage file system (SSFS) is accessible and consistent regarding the database."

No such alert showed before the upgrade.

Any idea how to fix this?  Where would I find the SSFS configuration or the file system referred to itself?

I did reboot the server after applying the required gcc patches prior to upgrading to SP90, and as far as I know, all devices remounted properly.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Did you check for encrytion, SSFS key on the server which has issue ?

Please check system view, open security and look for data volume encryption tab.

Regards,

DK

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Where is the SSFS key set?  I have never set any encryption.

Data volume encryption has never been enabled, is still not enabled, and volumes show as unencrypted.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check global.ini file.  Is there any change to it ?

Former Member
c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As there was no encryption being used, I was able to perform the hard reset steps (B) in the SAPNote.

A subsequent backup completed successfully.

Thank you.

Chris

Answers (0)