cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Calling application is MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to implement a validation in ERP standard and raise error message in standard function module modification

eg: FM CHECK_BANK_ADDRESS

but the validation is supposed to be executed only for ERP standard and not MDG .

How do we identify if the calling application is MDG to skip this validation .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shruthi

Check validation in the master data governance - Validation. Make it warning as suggested by Sanjay...

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the response but the question here is different , the validation is needed for ERP and not for MDG.

We would like to write a validation logic for ERP standard which is not supposed to be executed in MDG.

But the same function module is called from MDG as well. Therfore we will have to decide if the call is from MDG and skip this validation in the function module. How do we acheive this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Pass any specific value in URL Parameter while doing from MDG.

Check these parameter at the time of validation, if you found specific value then skip it otherwise just execute your code.

It just my thought not sure correct way or not.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikatr

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

If this check is happening from MDG UI i.e when you are in MDG UI and you click on check button or a roundtrip event, then you can try the following:

Get the instance of IF_USMD_APP_CONTENT using the class CL_USMD_APP_CONTEXT's GET_CONTEXT method. If you get the context, it means you are in MDG.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti

In MDG under Configure Change Request propewrties for concerned entity type convert error message as Warning Message but it is not possible in approver step I guess.