Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Login Server and SSL Certificates

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to use an SSL certificate created in Secure Login Server (SSO 2.0) for an ABAP system.

I have exported the the certificate as an PSE file and imported the certificate into the Server SSL node.

I noticed that the issuer will be removed as soon as I save the certificate into the SSL node.

I have done the same in an AS Java system and here all worked fine.

I know I need a third party PKI but can this not be achieved by the SSO 2.0 product?

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ridouan,

Please, explain what do you mean by "the issuer will be removed as soon as I save the certificate into the SSL node" and if possible provide some screenshots.

Best regards,

Donka Dimitrova

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Donka,

Thanks very much for your response.

The certificate was created in and issued by the Root CA (Secure Login Server).

I have exported the PSE file and imported the file into ABAP using transaction STRUST.

I looked before saving the file and the file was still correct (e.g. Issuer is still Root CA), then I have saved the file into the Server SSL-node.

After saving this file, the certificate was Self-Signed and the issuer was not part of the certificate path.

This issue only occurs in ABAP (ICM) and not in AS Java.

I am using an SSL certificate in AS Java and all works fine, no certificate warnings.

SSO is working it's just the warnings we get when trying to open the URL.

I am sorry I can't send any screenshots right now.

Regards,

Ridouan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

If the certificate has been issued by the Root CA, then you have create either a User CA, an SLL CA or an SAP CA. May be this is why you have an issue with the ABAP server. The key usage of a CA is different from a  server certificate. The creation of the SSL server pse should be made under the SSL CA. Could you cross check your configuration.

If this issue still persist you have the option to create a self-signed certificate on ABAP and let it sign by the Secure Login Server SSL CA using the Administration console.

KR

Valerie