Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 7.x and SMP 3.0 SP04 - Debug Java specific Agentry Server instance

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I start my SMP server instance with the debug mode enabled and then I set a breakpoint to some Agentry Java layer code, the breakpoint will stop for all the Agentry applications using the same class.

Is there a way to filter only by one Agentry application? I know we can set up a conditional breakpoint but not sure if there is a simple way to use a condition for all the Agentry classes that filters by application/user.

Thank you in advance,

-Marçal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marçal,

nope you can't compare it to the ABAP Debugger with the possibility to set an User breakpoint for instance. Are you talking about the Agentry coding in the Agentryv5 jar?

Kind regards,

Mike

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Well, I have my own customized jar file with the changes I implemented overriding standard classes and that is what I usually need to debug. Sometimes I also debug standard Work Manager/Inventory Manager projects JARs in order to see how everything works or why it is crashing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marçal,

well if you are debugging your specific Z*.jar that is used by a particular mobile App it should work as expected, means you are debugging for that jar. Well if you are using the same java project, generating a jar and using it for all mobile apps your debugger will always hit this project as well.

Especially when you are debugging the standard classes (that are used for each mobile app) your debugger will hit them as well. Sorry but there is no workaround for that. As I said not comparable with the ABAP Debugger.

Kind regards,

Mike

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for confirming what I suspected Michael. It would be a nice feature for the future I think

Answers (0)