cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Stock at my facilities belonging to the customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have the scenario where the customer wants to keep the stock in my facilities, but it does belong to the customer, so we have to bill the customer for the product.

In a "standard" SAP process, the billing cannot be submitted if there is not goods issue, but this can be solved changing the copy-control, so we can have billing without Post Goods issue (Copy requirement  11 - Head dlv-rel.w/o GI).

Nevertheless I do not find a way to "flag" the stock like "customer stock" to avoid having it into my financial accounts, because that stock belongs to the customer, not to mine.

Currently we have a dedicated storage location to track the "customer stock" and at the end of the month, Finance is deducting the value of this stock (it is still in SAP but it does not belong to us).

the question is: is there a way (movement type, stock status....) to keep stock like "customer stock" in SAP? so I can track it in SAP but it does not belong to me.

(Someone could say that this is consignment SD but it is not, because the stock is not at supplier facilities, it is at mine and the supplier has paid for the whole amount)

Thanks and regards

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

just an idea... what if you use another SAP client (guess you my have a quality one for testings): you have there defined a plant, materials, you can run your reportings... material movements would be manual ... even if this data belongs to your company (plant), doesn´t matter (you´re in a quality client, don´t worry about ccounting), in your real client then you can post goods issue (before billing) and then make a manual movement in quality client...hope it helps.

Regards,

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joan,

this is a very good option that I did not have into account.

Thanks for suggesting it!!

Ivan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks all for your replies.

Based on what I have read, searched...there is not a simple SD process to do control customer stock that does not belong to you.

Meanwhile in MM it is possible to track the vendor stock in SAP without impacting the books, in SD it seems that it does not exit in a simple way.

Thanks so much for all your replies.

Regards

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear IVAN,

Base on the trust , customer is keeping the stock in your storage location .

But this stock is belongs to customer . so in your accounts also you have to show this stock in customer accounts.

now your doubt is to do delivery(PGI) or not ?

yes you have to do delivery (PGI)and make ship to party as your storage location . but think any statutory problems will occur . discuss with business and take as per their decision .

make some sign off agreement document between you and your customer to show to the government that this stock is belong to customer.

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Kindly check the below mentioned SCN link

STOCK RESERVATION FOR CUSTOMER

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

This is just an observation.

When you have sold the material to customer, that mean you have billed him. Even though you are keeping the stock at your place, You should have made the stock movement also. So that, your stock of materials reduces and all proper accounting entries happens of the sale, be it COGS, Inventory account, stocks (quantity. ).

Now the other issue comes of storage. Here you have to have a storage location probably outside sap to keep this goods. As this stock is not gonna be affecting any of your accounts or processes, why not keep it outside. And if you are doing this as an off case, very temporarily, tha'ts the best option.

If you want you can have a storage location for that but the stocks in it should not hit any of your accounts. MM guys would give a solution for that.

Thanks

Jobi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still a bit confused on the business scenario here, but it seems as if you're just providing the storage service to the customer. The SAP customer/consignment stock scenarios I'm aware of usually involve some kind of activity with the stock (e.g. consignment sale, using customer's parts for repair, sales order stock, etc.), but in this case if you are just taking stuff from the customer, keeping it for a while and then giving it to the customer back "as is" and charging some service fee for storage then maybe it doesn't even need to be part of your stock? I'm not sure how the companies that provide storage services use SAP, but maybe that's the process you'd need to research (if I'm getting the scenario right).

Otherwise just search 'customer stock site:sap.com', there seem to be plenty of posts.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Bit curious.. why customer is paying and keeping the stock in your company? Could you please elaborate the requirement further?

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atulkumar,

Customer is running under re-structuration in their facilities so we are providing the storage till they need it. Customer trust us to keep it despite it belongs to them.

there is not more than that.

So in SAP I have not found a way to track their stock out of our books.

Thanks

ivan

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link :

Consignment - Managing Special Stocks (MM-IM) - SAP Library

If it is fine then we shall discuss for more details.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRK,

thanks for your reply, but this is Vendor consignment, meanwhile I have here the customer, so it is not matching into the scenario.

thanks for your help.

Ivan