cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 - problems with Installation of VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

during the Installation if IDM 7.2 I'm coming to a halt at the installation of the VDS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NW IDM 7.2

DB: MS SQL Server 2012

JRE tried with Sun 1.5 32& 64 Bit and jdk-6u45 32&64 Bit

JDBC 4.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it has something to do with the Java VM's but im not 100% sure.

Here a part of the VDS_InstallLog.log with the error's and warnings (the complete File as .txt is in the attachments)

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1352 Successes

1 Warnings

3 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

Set Environment Variable: MVDHOME = \usr/sap/IdM/Virtual_Directory_Server: This action has failed.  To ensure full functionality for this application, please edit your system environment to include the following variable/value combination: MVDHOME=\usr/sap/IdM/Virtual_Directory_Server

Install Uninstaller:VDS (Install All Uninstaller Components)

Additional Notes: ERROR - Failure to install Uninstaller executable: java.lang.NullPointerException

Create LaunchAnywhere:Virtual Directory Server (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)

Set Environment Variable: MVDHOME = \usr/sap/IdM/Virtual_Directory_Server

Additional Notes: WARNING - java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/bin/sh": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Does anybody have some hints for me? - help is is deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Franz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I solved this issue.

Thanks to Tero's Screenshot i found out, that Virtual Directory Server.exe, Virtual Directory Server.lax, Web Services Client.exe and Web Services Client.lax were missing in the installation directory.

So I downloaded IDM SP09 again and rerun the installation of VDS.

After doing so the first missing files and executeables were present and VDS could be started.

Thanks a lot and happy holidays

Franz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

can you try running the installer as administrator? Otherwise can you just set the environment variable as required?

Thanks

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

thank you for your fast reply.

I've performed the installation as administrator as well as <sid>adm with command prompt (Admin).

In both way's i get the same errors.

I also set the environment variable manually and ran the installation again - same result:

"Installation: Successfulwith errors"

I guess, even though the installation is "successul eith errors", this is also the reason why I can't continue with the post-installation tasks, e.g. configuring  the VDS enfironment.

I cant find SAP NetWeaver Identity Management/Virtual Directory Server in the Win Server 2012 Start Menu.

Franz

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should find the executable from the installation directory.

The only error I've ever encountered with the installer is that the JVM is not found, due to missing JAVA_HOME or/and missing java-folder in path, causing that the installer doesn't run in the first place. I tend to use SAP JVM with IdM.

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tero,

I've found 2 executeables in the installation directory.

MxService.exe and MxService64.exe.

both I cant execute.

Regarding the installer. I have to run the installer with the command  "-i gui"  - else no problem with the installer.

Regards

Franz

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what I meant was the VDS installation directory, by default (unless you selected otherwise) the software is not installed into same directory as IdM runtime or desigtime, but for example to "\usr\sap\IdM\Virtual Directory Server".

regards, Tero