cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am trying to create a sales order using sales org as 1000 and distribution as 10 but when i save the SO its showing an error that the material is not defined in Sales org 2000 and Distbution channel 20. I have no idea why this error is coming up Please drive me out of this

thanks in advance

Shane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the customer sales area data and material sales org and dist channel. They are different.

So you can rectify this by extending the customer to this missing sales area, which is the better thing or you can change the control " Item Division " check box to uncheck in sales document controls ( VOV8 : OR ). Not suggestable.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for all your quick replies guys

I have figured out the problem and it is that i havent specified the Sales org while creating the material master.

I really appreciate if you could tell me how to extend the material for extra views and where exactly do v have an option for making certain fields mandatory and optional in Material master aany help on this will be appreciated

thanks for your support

Shanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for adding extra views, just go to MM01 and give the material name and select the required extra views and create.

Now to make mandatory,optional and suppress material master fields go to OMS9.

Please reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check th sales are in Sales order. It must have been redtermined. There could be several reason for the same, such as:

Customer Sales Area

Sales Order type assigned to Sales area

& so on................

Reagrds,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Extend the material to sales.org 2000 and distribtuion channel 20 for the particular plant. and also check whether the plant is extended to these 2 sales.org and distribution.channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

The reason for getting error was that the material and customer are not under same sales area.

To get the materials aviable under this sales organization and distribution channel, goto table MVKE and give your sales organization and distribution channel and execute then it will display list of materials avialable under the sales organization and distribution channel.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Please ensure that the material is existing in the sales org.1000 and dist.10

and also check assignment of the sales area to the plant.

Hope this helps you.

Encourage by points

SriRam