Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Fiori launchpad caching

Hi,

I've created a custom theme for the SAP Fiori launchpad and I'm running into caching issues. I've tried a number of ways to clear the cache, but the changes are not visible for users I've logged in with before making the changes. When I create a fresh copy of the same user and login I do see the changes.

I've already tried the following things to clear the cache, without luck:

- Clear the browser cache

- Clear the server cache in SMICM, both locally and globally

- Clear the cache in /UI5/THEME_TOOL

- Clear the cache with /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP

- Clear the cache with /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP

- Clear the cache with /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE

Does anyone know the secret to succesfully clearing the theme cache? Some of these steps above in a particular order or do I need to do something else?

We are on UI5 1.24.4 and theme designer 1.6.2 with all the latest notes implemented.

Thanks!

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

I found the issue, it was not cache related (I think). For some reason (I don't know how), the theme that was supposed to be used was saved as personalization for the user in the user master data. Once I reset UI2/CONTAINER and /UI2/USER_PROFILE (don't know if both are needed) in the user master record in SU01 on the tab Personalization, the custom theme was used for the user (as maintained in /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST).

Thanks for the input, I think we can consider this one closed. I'm not sure why the personalization of the theme was saved for the user, I think it must be in the user preferences menu of the launchpad, but that is kind of weird as the theme selection dropdown is read only.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question