Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Managed System Configuration, 4 Enter System Parameters

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

after applying SPS12 to our Solution Manager 7.1, and connecting the Wily Introscope installation to it, I now need to repeat

the Managed System Configuration for all the systems (take a DEEP breath!).

On the Java system for our development BW system, I am facing the following strange error:

The Java instance Nr. is 02, the SCS instance number is 03. I have been googling a lot for a solution - there are some suggestions

to use port 81<SCSnr>, which in my case would be 8103, but this didn't help either. I have checked that the P4 provider service

is running:

Also, of course the password is correct and it is possible to login with these credentials to NWA. I have been checking the ports

mentioned above with telnet, and all the connections are working. Also, the systems have been restarted a week ago in the course

of maintenance operations (I faced the problem about 2 weeks earlier, meaning before that restart took place). So I've pretty much

run out of ideas and I would really appreciate some strong help here...

Thanks a lot!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be related to a kernel PL - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1900072

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

thanks, I have checked this note, I even think that I have seen it before... Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my issue, as I am able to open the URL and I can see the P4 entry. Please kindly advise something else. Thank you!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your kernel and patch levels for SolMan and the system you are trying to manage?

Also a slight chance have you restarted the system after recently performing an upgrade?  I updated 2 dedicated Adobe Java systems and the P4 and other related services would not or could not register correctly until I restarted the stack; it was a bizarre case and the only time that I have seen the behaviour.  I have upgraded SolMan/PI/SCM/IdM and have yet to ever run into my unique issue.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

The Solution Manager has kernel 721 patch 300. The Java managed system (development) is at 721_EXT_REL patch 201. I have checked that the production system has exactly the same kernel and this step went very fine there, without any trouble. So the reason must be somewhere else..

Only small Java packages have been installed with SUM, no major upgrade. And anyway, I though that it might need a restart and waited till the next maintenance window with restart. Then this behavior is still persisting and is still not resolved. Please help...

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

This has been lying around for a while...

Any fresh ideas please ??