cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading zeros are there in Alphanumeric material number in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In APO for alphanumeric material number I have to enter nine leading zeros before material number otherwise it will show material does not exist in APO.

But ECC system automatically takes whether alphanumeric material is with leading zeros or not.

So what is the issue in APO?

Why APO system does not take automatically the alphanumeric material like ECC system?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Ayaskant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a conversion routine assigned to the product field in transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Conversion routine "CONVERSION_EXIT_PRODU_INPUT" is used.

Check the below example, if i enter leading zeroes the conversion routine is converting into input format with the same number of leading zeroes.

SAP has provided a BADI "/SAPAPO/PRODU_CONVEX" to overcome this.

Go to SE18 and do the BADI implementation, inside the method "INPUT_POST_EXIT" do the below coding,

SHIFT EV_MATNR  LEFT DELETING LEADING '0'.

I tried and it worked for me.

Regards,

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TP,

Actually in ECC alphanumeric material can be taken automatically whether it is entered with nine leading zeros or not.

I want same to be in APO system as in ECC means alphanumeric material will be atuomatically taken when entered with nine leading zeros or not..

Could you please let me know why this type of material has this type of issue in APO.

And how it is working correctly in ECC without any badi implementation as you have described in previous reply?

Thanks,
Ayaskant

Message was edited by: Ayaskant Pradhan

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayaskant,

Can you please state some example in ECC, in which transaction in ECC it is working fine.

Regards,

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TP,

In ECC you can check in mm03,mb52 tcodes.

Thanks,

Ayaskant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanga,

As you have mentioned above the implementation of  BADI "/SAPAPO/PRODU_CONVEX" for transaction RRP3.

Does this implementation also work for other transaction codes in APO ?

Could you please suggest me a standrad implemention for all the transactions in APO?

BR regards,

Ayaskant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayaskant,

The fields MATNR, MATWA, PMATN, VPMAT and EXT_MATNR are stored in the APO field catalog with 40 characters and with leading zeros although lexicographic interpretation is set in the Customizing of the product master data table /SAPAPO/TMCNV.

For a lexicographic interpretation, the external format of the product number should remain unchanged,

Go to transaction SPRO -> APO -> Master Data -> Product -> Specify Output Format of Product Number -> Leading Zeros = No (/SAPAPO/OMSL).

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rupesh,

I have checked the table /SAPAPO/TMCNV and the settings in SPRO.

And found out that Lexographic interpretation in table /SAPAPO/TMCNV is not SET and in SPRO

also Leading Zero check box is not checked.

Please let me know Whether this issue can be resolved through any standard settings.

Thanks,

Ayaskant

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayaskant,

Lexicographical customizing should be activated and product name should be stored in the database without leading zeros /SAPAPO/MATKEY.The conversion between an internal and external display occurs with a conversion exit that is set via Table /SAPAPO/TMCNV.

Please refer SAP consulting note  489822 - Changing non-lexicographic product number for more details.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, in which transaction in APO the conversion does not work (zeros are not considered correctly)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada Lv,

Actually I want to remove leading zeros for all transaction.Means when I enter the material number in any transaction  in APO like rrp3,mat1,in table  v_matloc  that should not take the leading zeros as input.

Thanks,

Ayaskant

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayaskant,

When you implement the above BADI suggested, it will be effective in all the transactions.

Implement the BADI and check, it will work.

The badi implementation is done for domain /SAPAPO/MATNR, so whatever the fields using this domain will also be changed.

Almost all the material fields uses the domain /SAPAPO/MATNR in APO system.

So the badi implementation will be applicable for the whole system.

Regards,

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanga,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Ayaskant