cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor payment to more than one service providers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

The client has liaison with 5 vendors for providing travel tickets(Air tickets, cab booking... etc).

Ticket can be booked by any vendor as per the desire of travel manager, which is managed out of SAP(externally). To make such payments(for ticket cost) to vendor, the travel expense manager need to maintain the expense type linked to a wage type.

Do I need to configure 5 Air ticket expense type for each vendor or can be managed with one expense type?

If it can be managed with single expense type, now the doubt is how it will pick the suitable vendor(out of those 5 )to make payments for tficket cost.

Hope I have narrated the scenario clearly.

Please guide from config as well as logical understanding point of view.

Thanks & Regards,

RK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I have to ask you one basic FI-related thing, because I don't know this: A wage type is connected with one symbolic account and the symbolic account is connected to a vendor, is this correct? I lack the FI knowledge, that's why I ask.

If it is the way I assume, then you'll need 1-1 relations, i.e. one expense type for one wage type. In general it is possible to assign an amount of expense types to the same wage type, but if there is only one dedicated vendor behind one wage type, then this isn't going to be feasible for your requirement.

You might want to wait for another more qualified answer, though, since I am only making assumptions.

Cheers, Lukas