Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA XS Auditing

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a XS based application running on HANA. Using this application, a User can insert/delete/update a table "XYZ".

I have an Audit policy enabled for this table for "SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE/INSERT" for every user.

If I make any changes to the table using SQL console the log is created but when I do the same operation using XS application, no log gets created.

I guess the reason is that HANA does not support auditing for XS.

So my question is that is there a way to record changes being made to the table via XS application?

Is there a way to log which User accessed my XS Application? -  I know for this I can get session user and save this information in a table but is there any other way than this.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

the scenario you are describing should work. What kind of audit trail writer are you using (table, csv file, syslog) and how did you enable the audit trail (studio or via inifile change)? Maybe the XS engine entries are written to a different audit trail file or the auditing is not enabled for all services.

Best regards

Henning

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Execution of HANA XS application cannot be audited.

As per HANA Administration book, it is clearly written that "Anything that is not an execution of SQL statements can not be audited".

Regards,

Vivek