cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocessing of EH event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have EH created and certain event(lets say 1) on the same is created as well based on certain action on ECC and then i undo that action the different Event(lets say 2) is reported and the EH is recreated. Now when I redo the action in ECC for event 1 the EH is reprocessed with action 1 and 2 and also with the new event 1  action again causing lot of duplicate data.

How can we ensure that reprocessing event is not executed by the one from system but when i perform the event 1 then the processing of that event happens(it is not considered as reprocess events )

I have checked CHECK_REPROCESS_FLAG but the it is stopping me to perform action again manually from ECC for event 1.

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think, we can stop reprocessing of same events for certain cases by implementation of pre-processing fm in add event msg02. But It will deteriorate performance.

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Please can you explain what you are doing in ECC that is causing the EH to be recreated due to 'significant changes'.   Perhaps you should change the ECC relevance/extractor function so that it sends a CHANGE event type for the ECC event that is causing the EH to be recreated.

'I have EH created and certain event(lets say 1) on the same is created as well based on certain action on ECC and then i undo that action the different Event(lets say..'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

The check_reprocess_flag is working as expected . There was a particular RFC to another system which I was trying to avoid during rerprocessing and it is working fine.

Thanks,

Shubh/

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

what I understand is the following:

You redo the action in ECC, which triggers the sending of the same event message, that has been sent before. This is then processed for the related EH.

I do not understand so far, why the reprocessing of the event messages is triggered for the EH. I assume due to recreation of the EH - but why is the EH recreated in this case? Is the EH updated as well by /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST? And if it is like this, still the event message should be processed normally first time and you could prevent processing in reprocessing case.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel ,

You are correct. EH are getting recreated with the messge in the log that due to significant change recreating EH.

Now this reprocessed the event and the activity as well.

I want this activity to be reprocessed only on action from me and not on reprocessing. So this is the conflict here.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

but why can't you then use CHECK_REPROCESS_FLAG?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

You can make custom EH update activity function for event handler and assign activity to it.

It would resolve the issue.

Regards

GGOPII