cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD Posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I maintain the status  "To blocked stock" against the UD code "R" is the stock will be automatically posted to Blocked stock or I have to maintain some validation for it. I have posted the stock to unrestricted against the UD code "R" and the quantity was updated to unrestricted stock.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! If you maintain the posting proposal in usage decision as to block stock (in QS51), then the stock will be automatically posted to blocked stock when you choose that specific UD code while making UD.

However there is no restriction in standard if you go intentionally to stock posting tab and try to post it manually in different field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I expected the same as explained by you. But the stock is not getting posted automatically also. user has to post the stock manually to blocked status. I believe it is because system doesn't know which amount to be posted where, so either one has to go for validation or has to post the stock manually.

Regards,

Rahul

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, If you have set the stock posting proposal to a certain UD code in QS51 then while giving UD you need not go to stock posting tab. System considers entire lot quantity for such posting. It needs to be investigated in more details why it is not behaving this way for your case!. May be you can try again with new inspection lot for this. Do not click on stock posting tab. Just select UD code and save. It should post the entire lot quantity to blocked stock.

But yes, if user wants to post the stock partially (with the same UD code) then he/she needs to go to stock posting tab and specify the stock bifurcation.

Anand