cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 SP04 / Agentry - Possibility of multiple SAP backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are busy upgrading SMP 2.3 to 3.0 SP04. In this, one question came up which I do not get answered from the documentation.

With SP04, we can run multiple Agentry servers. But can they also run against multiple SAP backend system, e.g. a SAP Development and a QA instance? They way I see the setup, as you need the javabe.ini into a general folder, it seems not possible.

Thank you for any insights.

Regards, Merten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Merten,

of course you can point your individual Agentry Application against a different Backend via JavaBE.ini. There you point to the corresponding System (host, client, instancenumber). One requirement is that the target system got the ERP/CRM mobile Add-on installed. Be sure that during the deployment process you always put the javaBE.ini into the specific deployment package of a particular app.

E.g. I also had the situation that I deployed a App on the SMP DEV server that points to a QAS ERP Backend (for testing purposes). As you can see this is possible.

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the comment. I have published individual javabe.ini files, however the server seems to always load the javaBE which is present in the "Server" directory, not the ones in the individual app containers. Is there some setting that controls this behavior?

I should mention that we are still deploying WM 6.0, so this might be an issue in the earlier version?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Merten,

What application are you using?  If you are using Work Manager 6.0, the SAP Commons file is not set to look at the application folder, but at the root level of the Java Folder (for SMP 3 that is the server folder) This wasn't fixed until the SAP Commons file that came with WM 6.1.  Also, at that same time, the SAP Commons was changed to use SAPJco3.

I would recommend upgrading to Work Manager 6.2 if possible.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, thanks, that explains it. So we'll make use of multiple Agentry servers as soon as we upgrade, until then we just keep running a standalone Dev server.

Answers (0)