wbs elementbudget
AS-0000003650000
AS-00000036-0110000
AS-00000036-0210000
AS-00000036-0310000
AS-00000036-0410000
AS-00000036-0510000
AS-00000036-06

Then i am trying to post cost against wbs element is AS-00000036-06 it's not allowing, it says budget exceed.

but i want book the cost against AS-00000036-06 without budget.

how to deactivate budget for particular wbs element.

please suggest.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply Shishir

You can change status of projects as well as  single /range  of  WBS element in OPSX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

Thanks for reply, as per your answer OPSX transaction we will reset status, but i want book the cost without budget for this wbs AS-00000036-06. i want to deactivate budget for particular wbs element.

Hi Shishir,

my client requirement is for this wbs element AS-00000036-06 they wont consider budget, but what ever the actual cost booking for this wbs they want to consider only actual cost.

please suggest....

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes i agree,

With this you can post the actual cost ,even if you don't have any budget carried out for a particular WBS element.

just complete the entire cycle once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

As you said i have done same procedure, but it's asking budget exceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I told, it's not possible as AVAC is still active for project, so you are getting error. Further your actual will not get generated. Also it affect the whole structure.

Possible Solutions:

1) You can deactivate avac for your whole project using CJBW (But for a single WBS not possible): In this case your if your budget is 0 then will not check.

2) Go with my first reply: enter budget on top level only, as you have already budget on top WBS.

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what about the status,

has it changed

late ron check whether you have maintained person responsible ,if not maintain it.

please do share screenshots of status and actual costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

yes, first i have maintain person responsible then i posted actual cost it's through error message and i have removed person responsible again posted actual costs it's through error message.

please find attached screen shot for actual costs.

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please send me the screen shot of the status of the WBS elements transaction code CJ20N also note that when you do budgeting it is required that person responsible be always maintained in the WBS element

this error is due to status  AVAC is still active for the WBS element

Remove the status with above procedure.

Remove the budget and Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

here attached cj20n screen, we are not assign person responsible for wbs element. we not following budget release concept and we are assign budget only. when AVAC status is there it's not allowing to book the cost.

please suggest.....

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant

Dear Siddu,

i found out solution and it must work

please follow following steps

>first deactivate availability control by CJBW

>then go to CJ20N Set status of the WBS element to DLFL(at top of screen ,Edit-->status-->deletion flag -->set)

>then again go to CJBN and reactivate the availability control

>once reactivated,go to CJ20N and check the status in status bar there is no AVAC set for the WBS element

>just once again reset the status and remove deletion flag and start posting over to the WBS elements

Please mark as correct when it is done and award points

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

follow the following steps

Deactivate the availability control CJBW(AVAC is Removed)

Then goto CJ32 and remove the budget which is released and save(document is posted)

Then go to OPSX and change the status of the WBS ,remove the status BUDG

Go to CJEN and reconstruct project info data base

CJBN activate the availability control

Next time when you post the document system shall not check the budget for that WBS element

try and let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

I think, your solution will gonna work for whole project not for a particular WBS. Here siddu wants for a particular WBS i.e. AS-00000036-06.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this scenario, Technically not possible, if you want to book cost without budget on particular WBS.Apart from this, I want know that what is the business scenario behind this requirement.

Another work around, you can assign total budget only on parent WBS that is on AS-00000036. No need to assign on its children WBS. And when you try to book cost on AS-00000036-06, system will pick budget from its parent AS-00000036 as this is parent WBS.

Regards

Shishir