cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST Installation of PO 7.4, what are the general settings required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1. I have got a system where the PO is installed but there are no SCVs or business systems. Is it possible that I make all the objects as local objects instead of making anything in SLD. For eg. if I create software component versions in the the ESR itself and not define them is sld, what would be the problems faced later on during the transports.

Q2. If the source is an ECC system is it right to just create a Business Component without creating any Business System. If I do so what can be the problems faced by me?

I have worked on the systems where the Business Systems, Software Components and the Namespaces are already provided by the architech. Thus not sure about creating these things in the SLD. Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nishant,

Q1:  I have got a system where the PO is installed but there are no SCVs or business systems. Is it possible that I make all the objects as local objects instead of making anything in SLD. For eg. if I create software component versions in the the ESR itself and not define them is sld, what would be the problems faced later on during the transports

Ans :- You can not transport object in local SCVs in any PI version.

Q2. If the source is an ECC system is it right to just create a Business Component without creating any Business System. If I do so what can be the problems faced by me?

Ans :- Yes you can use Business component without creating any Business System but then you have to do some extra work ( settings ) and if setting are not proper your scenarios wont work.

Regards,

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me what type of settings will those be? Plus can you give me a step by step guide to Create SVC's, namespaces and Business Systems in SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nishat,

Please ask your Basis team to do all these thing ..  since first we have to create Product then SVCs and I will recommend to use Business System in place of Business Component.

Mean while for your learning purpose I will try to find out any doc .

Warm Regards,

Rudra

Answers (0)