cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrap element flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have some fields need to show on the screen.

Basically, they are showed by flow.

I want to change to a new line after the field 'BP Name'.

What I have found is to set a horizontal gutter element but it shows a line which is not I want to see.

I wonder a better way to do that, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

You have to create transparent container TC_MAIN and set its layout has MATRIX layout.

Inside it, create another transparent container TC_line1, and set layout as matrix layout, and its layout data to MATRIX HEAD data.

Add the elements of BP NO. ( layout data - matrix head data ) & BP NAME ( layout data - matrix data ) into TC_LINE1

Similarly add TC_LINE2, TC_LINE3, etc and include the ui elements as required.

To bring into new line, you have to set the MATRIX HEAD data as layout data.

To bring beside to an ui element, set the layout data with MATRIX DATA

Refer the below snap shot

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

And what's the element type of pnl_partners and msa_partners?

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

pnl_partners is a PANEL ui element.

msa_partners is a message area

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have tried what you told me.

Now I defined three transparent containers.

Under each container I defined one-line elements.

It's much better now.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can still make it better by setting the width of LABEL ui elements. Set the width of labels to 10EX / some other width as per your requirement.

Regards,

Rama

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

You need not define multiple transparent containers, set group layout property as 'MATRIX LAYOUT'.

your requirement will be solved. if the length of the input fields needs to be increased or decreased, then set the the length of the input field or set width of the UI element.

Note: Unnecessary  creation of UI elements leads to performance issues. you can remove all the transparent containers and try.

It should work.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

While working with layout you need to know how different layout works in web dynpro.

The flow layout placed all your UI elements sequentially (i.e one after another. ). Once it covered the entire width of the window it placed the next element in the next line. Also you can do some wrapping.

The row or matrix layout works differently. Here you can explicitly specify which element to be placed in the new line ( by using row head data / matrix head data). So you have more control then the flow layout.

Define the layout type in the parent container & the child elements will follow them. So if you have a context node link this node to your group and keep the layout as "Matrix Layout'. Now you can decide which group child to appear as matrix head data or matrix data.

For more understanding check this below video tutorial.

Regards,

Monishankar C