cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira on Chrome vs Safari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My first experience of viewing a storyboard I produced from Lumira, was on an iPad, when playing around with the visualisations in the data set in Safari, you appear to get a far nicer interface, including the option to build crosstab tables etc. I cannot for the life of me work out how to do this on a windows based browser. Chrome and Internet Explorer have the same interface which does not allow you to do this and Safari will not let you log onto cloud.saplumira.com. The worst of it is, on the Safari/iPad combination I cannot save this visualisation into a storyboard.

If anyone could assist me in understanding whether I am simply missing a trick, or it genuinely is the case that there are (basically) two different version available, and neither quite allows you to place a crosstab in a storyboard, I would be most grateful regardless of the answer.

Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon - what about deploying the visualizations using Mobile BI?  See

Using Lumira Cloud on Mobile BI I think it works great  - I recommend downloading the latest release of Mobile BI for iOS from the Apple Store

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the swift response. I will definitely check out the Mobile BI app and see what it has to offer. However, my main intended production and delivery platform is windows 7. Crosstabs aren't the only interesting way to display data by any means, but there are definitely certain situations where they would be the best way to represent data. I find it frustrating that the option is there on one platform but not on all - I am assuming by your response that this is correct. Perhaps this will be changed in later releases.

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond to my question

Simon

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon - I was checking the Product Availability Matrix https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001095842012E for Lumira and it doesn't specify or limit anything on browsers.

I like Lumira Cloud on Chrome myself (I use Windows 7)

I agree that right now the crosstabs are limiting; there are ideas on Idea Place (see Crosstab adjust column width automatically : View Idea )to improve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also enjoy using Lumira on Windows 7, I think it looks great, it is fast and the interface is very intuitive.

I just have one more question, if you don't mind. Can you currently create a cross tab using Windows and either the desktop or cloud version of Lumira? (OK, upto 2 questions....) If so, how?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon - yes you can do it on the desktop - see this screen shot below -

Here it is in the Lumira Cloud too:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I think I may not have explained what I meant properly. Using the options you’ve screenshotted you can produce a table like this

Year

Team

Sales

Team A

Team B

Team C

Team A

Team B

Team C

On the iPad using Safari you can produce a table like the below (similar to a pivot table in Excel)

Team A

Team B

Team C

Is there a way to recreate this format on Windows 7 that you know of?

Thank you once again for your time.