cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BackEnd Odata service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are trying to test the Central hub deployment. We are trying to use "Sales Order Create"  from SAPWebIDE. Our front end server is exposed to internet.

The actual standard sales order service "SRA017_SALESORDER_CREATE_SRV"( from backend server) has been registered in the front end server(sap0189.sap.xxx.com). the backend server is (sap1234.sap.xxx.com).

Now i connect to SAPWebIDe and using remote connection connect to the front end server and i can see the SD_SO_CRE app.When i choose this app and then run i just see the screens and see no data on the screens. why is this case?

Please note in the backend server all configurations are done(including SIMGH) a described in help.sap.com.

When i test using wave1 App for sales order create directlyfrom ses80, i get the data populated. i believe the service used in both cases is "SRA017_SALESORDER_CREATE_SRV:.

Why would no data come up when i run from SAPWebIDE?

Thanks

Abi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

What was the test result when you run the app from Fiori launchpad on the Hub server?

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Same result. When i run this sales order wave2 fiori app from the launchpad( from end server) as well i do not get the customers populated.( only blank screens ).

Something seems to be missing as the backend service( e15 system) is just not being called. How do we croos verify whether the backend service is being called when we lauch it from fiori lauchpad?

Thanks

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Please take a look SAP Fiori LL11 - Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Thank you. I will have a look into the post that you have prescribed and get back to you.

Thanks

Abishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Now from Fiori launchpad it works. The standard sales order service works with the data. But from SAPWebIDE it is not working.

Why would this be the case?

Thanks

Abishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

I get the below error when i "inspect element" in SAP WebIDE in the "Sales order app"

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

You should check the ODara service call in the inspect element.

It seems the app is working. It just says no data. I guess the app could not get any data from backend.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

This is interesting as the same app when configured from launchpas works fine. Data is retrieved and i do get it on screen. when i choose "Sd_SO_CRE" from webide it does not work

Regards

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Please share the http response status for the OData service call. I guess http is not reachable to the backend. You can easily compare the OData response with launchpad and WebIDE.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Am sorry for this question? Am a bit newbie when it comes to front end. How should I get the HTTP response status data so that i can send it to you?  and how can we compare the odata response between launchpad and WebIDE.

Regards

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

You have already checked inspect element on the browser. Go to the network tab and find the OData service call */sap/opu/odata/*. You see the http response status like 200, 500 and also the OData service response in XML. You can compare it with running the app in launchpad,

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

All the ODATA service has a response code of 200( OK).

i saw the below error in console during the load of sales order app in SAPWebIDe. Would this be related?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

This error is similar to the one posted here in this SCN thread. How do we resolve this?

Regards

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

Please compare the OData service XML response. Is there any difference?

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

I compared and found that for fiori launchpad i get my "Hostid and port" in the <atom> tag whereas for SAP WebIDe i get a "localhost". This is the only difference i find. I have also attached the XML's. Is this normal?

Please find the XML response from FIORI Luanpas below. The boxes have my hostid and port.

Now, below is the response from SAP WebIDE.

Regards

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

Now you have learned how to find the root cause. Please find the how to guides for extending Fiori apps.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Sorry but how to rectify this error? I follow those guides and i having the current result and hence needed help

Regards

Abishek

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

Please share what you have done. I guess you did not follow some steps.

- Destination setting

- Cloud connector setting

- more

Regards, Masa