cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Unix OS to Windows OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our Project had upgraded from Unix OS to Windows OS.

I am working as SAP PI Consultant.

We have changed all the file path from Unix to Windows.

When we are testing the scenario, even if we give the Old unix path it is still picking the file from Windows.

Example: Old Unix Path: /abc/ifroot/rst/B142/ABC.txt

New Windows Path: D:\abc\ifroot\rst\B142\ABC.txt

The only change what we have done was insted of `/` we have replaced with `\` and added 😧 as this is windows server.

When i have put the ABC.txt file in D:\ykk\ifroot\rst\B142 Windows folder and If i give Old Path(Unix) /ykk/ifroot/rst/B142 in Communication Channel, it is still picking the file from Windows folder and executing the scenario.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Vikranth Khimavath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

I still did not understand the problem you have.

Are you wondering why /ykk/ifroot/rst/B142 is found on Windows, even you have not specified the driveletter and using slashes instead of back-slashes?

If so:

the Windows internal APIs can handle "/" as directory separators, most of the programs in Windows can too. Places where "/" are not accepted as directory separators are Window FileExplorer (File Browser) and some commands of cmd.exe.

Every process has a current working directory. This can be any directory on a local disk or even on a UNC location (if not using cmd.exe).

If your process is for example running with it's working directory on d:\usr\sap\XXX\D01\work and you ask it to open a file /ykk/ifroot/rst/B142, it will try to open d:\ykk\ifroot\rst\B142.

If you don't know the Current Directory of a process you may use procexp.exe of www.sysinternals.com (double click on the process, the see the details in the Image Tab)..

Thats by design.

regards

Peter