cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHM_PAGING_AREA failed on SUSE 11 SP1

0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently installed NW 7.3 System on suse linux 11 SP1 with DB2 10.1 FP2. During system start I able see dispatcher is not getting started . After looking in to dev_disp & dev_w0 trace files I able to see Shared memory is not getting created. 

Attached is the dev_w0 & dev_disp log files.. Please check and let us know what is causing the issue. Thanks

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

From the log you system kernel level low, try to upgrade the kernel (N-1)and then check the same

BR

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ERROR => shmat(32112677,0x(nil),SHM_RND) (12: Cannot allocate memory) [shmux.c      1593]

ERROR => ThShMCreate: ShmCreate SHM_PAGING_AREA failed [thxxhead.c   2749]

ERROR => ThIPCInit: ThShMCreate [thxxhead.c   2170]

Run the sappfpar command against the instance profile and review the output. If possible upload the profile and the sappfpar output.

su - devadm

sappfpar check pf=/usr/sap/DEV/SYS/profile/DEV_DVEBMGS00_linux-9qhs

If possible stop the SAP system and clean the shared memory segments using the cleanipc tool or using the ipcrm command. You can also try starting SAP after restarting the server.

Check if the OS parameters are set as recommended.

Follow these SAP notes.

1275776 - Linux: Preparing SLES for SAP environments

941735 - SAP memory management system for 64-bit Linux systems

Reagan

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

it looks like paging area cannot be created:

dev_w0:

M  SHM_ROLL_AREA                (addr: 7fd04619e000, size: 268435456)

I  *** ERROR => shmat(32112677,0x(nil),SHM_RND) (12: Cannot allocate memory) [shmux.c      1593]

M  *** ERROR => ThShMCreate: ShmCreate SHM_PAGING_AREA failed [thxxhead.c   2749]

M  *** ERROR => ThIPCInit: ThShMCreate [thxxhead.c   2170]

M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, ThIPCInit ( TSKH-IPC-000001) [thxxhead.c   1557]

To which value the parameter rdisp/PG_MAXFS is set? Is there enough space in the file system for the paging file (directory DIR_DATA)? Please check the settings as per notes:

133909 - Maximum value for PG_MAXFS, PG_SHM, ROLL_MAXFS, ROLL_SHM

1081722 - SAP Paging in shared memory

Regards,
Alwina