cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel availability planning for different time zones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have communication channels planned for different times. However, I wanted to know if we can schedule different channels for different time zones. Is there such an option in Availability Planning? This is to ensure that we don't have to change the scheduler everytime there is a daylight saving change in that region.

We are using SAP PI 7.31 SP05. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>However, I wanted to know if we can schedule different channels for different time zones. Is there such an option in Availability Planning?

AFAIK,  there is no option available to schedule for different time zones in availability planning.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to select the timezone when you create the ATP? Don't you see that option while creating the new rule?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just verified, it displays various timezone while configuring the ATP but not sure how does it behave during DST.

I believe it should automatically take care of that time conversion as you are selecting the desired time(zone)while creating the rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

I do see timezone dropdown box in ATP window. But, it looks like it is only to display the already scheduled time in different time zone. Although I am yet to test it. Have you tested this? Does the scheduler follow the timezone we have selected in dropdown? Please share your findings.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tested it. But i don't think it's just for displaying though.

When i select a different timezone and configure the ATP, i see that the timings are being converted automatically to system timezone and scheduled accordingly.

The only thing i'm not clear here is how does this schedule behave during the DST change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does convert the timings to that particular timezone. But, unfortunately it changes it for all the schedules for different channels. For me, different channels need to run according to different time zones. So, this wouldn't work for me atleast.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>For me, different channels need to run according to different time zones. So, this wouldn't work for me atleast.

Why don't you create multiple schedules and assign the channels accordingly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think if the system time is US time and the schedule you want to set is in US Time zone then I think no issues, During the DST the schedule is automatically changed.

For others you can set different schedules for the channels using different time zone..But need to make sure the the shcedule is turned ON on the Day light saving changes date for the specific country for which you wanted to run the channel.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I change the timezone for one of the schedules, system changes it for all other schedules as well.