cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language button on persona screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Persona Experts,

Does anyone know the use/significance of language button provided at the bottom right corner on persona screen? The button is shown in below image highlighted in red box. Upon clicking this button its shows various languages viz, english, Deutsch, French and so on. Does this mean that these are the languages supported by persona for creating flavors? Anything more on this is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean, say for example italian language is not shown in the highlighted box above then will it prevent users from posting some transactions using Persona or is it that some of the screen persona features will not be available to users in italian language.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This selection is only going to influence the language of the Personas interface, not the actual translation of a flavor. I.e. if you created a flavor and translated to a language that is not listed in this dropdown, for an end user the transaction will still run fine with the translated texts if they log on to ECC with that language.

However, editing flavors will display the editor elements (like the toolbar) in the language selected via this dropdown. Also, such things as the flavor gallery, flavor sharing etc. will also use the selected language. This is independent of the logon language in the backend SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for confirming and agree with your explanation, i realized this during testing.

SAP says that finnish & italian languages are not supported in screen personas but i created flavors by logging on to persona in finnish langauge for MIGO transaction and posted docuemnts successfully. I also created flavor in english language with finnish labels and posted transactions using this flavor by logging onto persona in finnish langauage and everything works fine. SAP says that finnish & italian languages are not supported in Persona, do you know in what context SAP says this, is it something related to OTR objets while translating?

I am a pure functional guy and do not very well understand abap or basis activities.

Thanks & regards,

Avinash

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The support is related to the Personas interface language only, not the underlying transaction.

So again, those are not languages the Personas interface has been translated to but this has nothing to do with the languages supported by a backend ECC system for instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas. Is there any way to hide user interface language selection for an end user? I believe this will help to avoid confusion among end users.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your end users don't need the ability to switch flavors, you could use the URL parameter frameless=true to suppress the Personas frame, including the language selection.

I'm not aware of a way to only suppress the language selection and leave everything else there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas, your responses are helping a lot.

Hopefully the last question related to the interface langauage:

Do you know if the chinese language in the interface language is simplified chinese or traditional chinese? Is there any way to find this? Our backend (logon) langugae is simplified chinese.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chinese (Simplified) - 中文(简体)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks chintan.

Answers (0)