Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP user type Communication versus System and impacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I know that user type communication (C) are no more used in SAP systems. Now we have to use System user type. (B)

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Best+Practice+-+How+to+analyze+and+secure+RFC+connecti...

1. I am searching for a SAP note or SAP recommendations document explaining this. Could you tell me where I can find this ?

2. For me, there are no impacts to change all users from user type Communication to user type System. Could you confirm ? In all knid of system version?

Thanks and regards,

Mélanie

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mélanie,

1. SAP note 622464 may help you as it describes the behaviour of user type B (SYSTEM). IMO there is no need to use user type C (COMMUNICATION) anymore, because in SAP note 327917 the list of usage scenarios for user type B includes the usage scenario of user type C.

2. The user type definition controls whether you can log on via SAP GUI or not and whether password rules are considered or not. Therefore I am not aware of any problems that are related to a change of user type from C to B. If the password status of your user type C is still "initial" then it will be set to "productive" for user type B which is the only possible password status for it. But as far as I know there are no further impacts when performing the change on user types from C to B.

Best regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.