cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ChaRM 7.1 SP11 handle BOBJ/BODS using CTS+?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Our issue: We've configured ChaRM and a Task List has been generated for ABAP components. However when Non-ABAP components, specifically BOBJ/BODS are brought in as logical components we are unable to generate a Task List

The systems are setup as managed systems successfully. But the check in ChaRM is failing with following error message:

Have any of you run into similar issues? Suggestions much appreciated.

Darryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darryl.

1762987 - How to configure LCM with CTS+

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for the input. We've progressed! Logical components set up; ChaRM activated; Maintenance Cycle & Task list generated and phase is 'Development with release'; Consistency checks showing green...

The issue we're running into is at the RFC stage:  when trying to generate the follow-on NC having set Scope and completed Approvals, the system is unable to generate the NC and reset status to 'Validation'.

We think the issue is with the iBase/Components for the BOBJ/BODS systems.

Have attached screenshots:

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Thanks.

Darryl

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had strange issues with EWA and the marketplace when I renamed the system in the LMDB from what the system actually was.

I assume that BO1 is what the BOBJ system is actually called on the BOBJ side or did someone rename it in the LMDB to match it in STMS?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at your CTC = 1 is a little peculiar as that is a setting specific for ABAP type systems for Non-ABAP you typically leave this as 0.

If we think about how the solar project behaves; you have to pick a type of SolMan project, when you assign a logical component and then SolMan is going to (by default) push an IMG customizing project into the remote defined Dev system via the RFCs.  Its odd that SolMan is trying to do this with a Non-ABAP system defined in DOMAIN_SMP.

What else do you have configured on the TMS parameters for BO1?  I think this might be tripping up the project into thinking its ABAP related.

Also I have found that a task list is not a sufficient method of transport BoE transports if they need to be coupled with BW transports and you are looking to cCTS's toolset to accomplish this; QGM and ChaRM have to be used.  (Which I assume you are going to use ChaRM, but wanted to mention it for others as I hit that road block with a test I did with some generic ABAP systems.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it turns out the business has formally opted not to use CTS+ because of what they deem potential impacts on non-SAP/Java-based legacy systems. ChaRM is being used with TMS and approvals, follow-on documents for ECC systems are being processed using ChaRM. The use of CTS+ or CCTS is viewed as functionality to be assessed and potentially adopted once ChaRM is viewed as robust and effective for the business.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that stinks! I was hoping to leverage your findings for the down the road work that would happen if I could ever get my company to move forward with task lists!