cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remark field customer - Language cannot be set.

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At my customer, an international operating company, in the Remark field of the general customer master (ADRCT-REMARK), there are remarks entered as can be expected.

But, since there are several languages, also dealing with the same customer, we come at the following problem:

When someone enters a remark while logged in at a certain language (eg Spanish) then this remark is not visible to someone that is logged in in another language (eg German).

The language of the remark cannot be set, so even when the text itself is English, it just looks at the login language of the user to save the data.

Does anyone have this problem before? And if so - how did you work around this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field is labeled 'Comment' and it's on 'General data' tab of the customer master (unless it's hidden in the configuration). We rarely use this field and I've never noticed that but just tried in our system and you're right - it is language specific yet no way to see what's available in another language. This doesn't seem right actually - the other address fields are still displayed in both languages. I would open an incident with SAP. Searched for existing notes but didn't find anything relevant.

As a workaround I'd use the long text (menu Extras -> Texts). The comment field is more convenient though since it's on the main screen. But you can fit more text in the text fields.

You might also be able to change the behavior in a user exit or do an enhancement if SAP comes back with "it's a design" for the Comment field.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel, you were talking about maintaining manual text in BP (CRM) where only this functionality is available and not in R/3.  If my understanding is correct, manually, it can be changed via SE11, where you input the table ADRCT and execute.  Now from top menu bar, click on "Goto > Translation" where you can change to local language.

But this should be done very carefully as it will affect other users also who uses the same logon language.  So test throughly this in DEV in different countries and if found okay, you may educate the users to change as suggested above.

G. Lakshmipathi