Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a.check only for SO and No for ME21N

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing availability check only for sales order and I am not doing availability check for purchase order (ME21N) / purchase requisition (ME51N).

I have set up all the CIF setting for sales order and I have created IM variant 'xxxx' & selected the options like- Material, Plant, ATP check & Sales Order for the sales order ATP check in the IM variant 'xxxx'. I have not selected the option POs and PReqs in the IM variant 'xxxx'.

I have created Requirement profile in ECC and APO but I have not given the connection to happen the availability check for ME21N.

But system is happening the availability check for the product/location in ME21N also even we exclude the options 'POs and PReqs' in IM variant 'xxxx'.

The requirement is - product A,/ Location Z availability check should happen only for sales order VA01 and it should not happen the availability check if I create the ME21N (PO).

I tried to delete the requirement profile in ECC and APO (which I have not given connection to the ME21 to happen the availability check) but It did not work and still it was happening a.check to the purchase order (me21n).

Can anyone tell how to restrict the a.check for purchase order(me21n). It should happen only for VA01 and no for ME21N.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

Perhaps it is doing ATP check in ECC ? Did you check this ? or is it a case that it is doing ATP check in APO system and you're seeing the delivery proposal screen from APO ?

Babu Kilari

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Babu..

I have tested this and its doing ATP check for sales orders and PR/PO if we only maintains product/location in the active IM and even there was no requirement profile assigned to PO doc types in ECC & APO, & the product/location is not active for for ATP check in the IM for PO/PR.

If the product is active IM then its doing availability check in SO  &  STO.

I do not want to do the availability check for STO but only for sales orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

can you check in CFM5 if the IM is active for POs and Preqs?

Suggest you build seperate variants for Master data, Transaction data ( Only for sales order) and ATP Check. If ATP Check is active for a product  / location , it does not matter if it does not contain the variant which you have created for PO / PREQ with ATP Check. the ATP Check IM is already active when you activated in the avriant which contains sales order, material, plant.

Regards,

Rorie

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Babu.. I have checked and the IM is active only for PO/PR (only transactional data). No other options selected in IM other than the option PO/PR in IM.

AND

I have selected these below options to check ATP for sales order.

materiel, plant, ATP Check and sales order- this is another IM. HERE no PO/PR selected in this IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

First you deactivate the IM for PO / PREQ and then you do an availability check.

also check your setting in "define checking rule" in ECC if it includes PO / PRs.

Once an ATP Check is active for a product / location, it is active irrespective of any variant which you have created.

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie, Thanks for your information.

I can't deactivate the PO/PREQ, why because it is required to SNP.

The only think which I required is not to do the availability check in PO (ME21N).

I want to do the availability check only for sales order but system is not giving me good results.

If the product/location is active in IM then it is working for SO and PO.

Can you please give me other any options to stop availability check in ME21N.

I have defined the checking rule - below is the screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

you can deactivate the PO /PR and then check first and reactivate again.

meanwhile can you select "No check" in the "Incl. Purchase Orders" and test again after reactivating the IM for PO / PR

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie,

Thanks your note, I deactivated the IM which is PO/PR and tested ME21N - It is checking the availability check in APO. Again I reactivated the IM PO/PR and did setting as "No check" in the "Incl. Purchase Orders" in the checking rule but still happening the availability check in APO.

I think It is because the product/location is active in IM for the ATP check. So system is triggering to availability check. If i remove the product/location from IM ATP chek variant then it is not happening apo availability check.

But in my case is different. I want to have a.check only for va01 and not me21n.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

Its very strange that even after deactivating the IM during ME21N it is going to APO.

can you check in CFM5 if there are any active IMs, if there are please deactivate all of them.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasnop,

You have misunderstood the functionality of the ATP CIF.  When you select 'ATP check', it means ALL ATP checks for the selected materials are to be performed in APO, and not in ECC.  This includes ATP checks for Sales Requirements, for STO requirements, for Production order requirements, etc. etc

This is a separate CIF from the Sales order CIF or the Production order CIF or the Purchase Order CIF.  The ATP CIF does not discriminate between different types of ATP checks.  It does not matter what other objects may or may not exist in a given Integration model.  ATP checking managed by the ATP CIF (in standard) only directs whether ATP is done 'in ECC' or 'in APO'. 

The OVZ9 screen you have displayed is irrelevant to ATP checking in APO.  Once you activate that ATP CIF in an Integration model, OVZ9 configuration is bypassed for that material; and does nothing.  You thereafter have to configure your ATP checks in APO.  The APO equivalent of OVZ9 is IMG > APO > GATP > Product Availability Check > Maintain Check control.  This is one of many things you have to set up in APO before you can successfully execute GATP.

If you want to change the way STOs perform their ATP checks, then you do this by creating the appropriate checking rule in ECC in your STO configuration (OLME > Purchase Order > Set up Stock Transport order > Assign delivery type and checking rule).  You will have to replicate this checking rule in APO (In APO it is called a 'Business Event') and then configure the scope of check in APO to meet your requirements.  It is common to use a different checking rule for STO requirements than you would use for Sales requirements.

Attempting to 'turn off' availability checking' for one object against a particular material (such as STO requirements)  but not another object (such as sales order requirements) is not to be done lightly.  It is very very easy to end up with an unanticipated shortage.  I recommend that you do not pursue this course.  Instead, you have to fully understand all of the company's business requirements and priorities, and then configure the system to harmoniously manage all availability checks for the materials together.  This is true whether you manage your ATPs in ECC or in APO.

Best Regards,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

Can you try taking out categories for PO / PREQ / Conrel / Preqrel from APO scope of check and see what happens. I believe it should work that way.

Rgds

Sourabh

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh..

I I deleted those and still system is checking availability for ME21N.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Luckily today only I learned that even after the ATP IMs are deactivated it still checks for ATP for the old orders. To correct this run this report RCIFIMDL with object types for Atp Check. This should solve this issue.

Regards

Abhishek Rai