cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Selecting EP system for raising request in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We have designed workflows ( New User creation / change user / removal of access )  in GRC for EP system.

I have followed all the steps which are necessary for Portal Integration ( EP ) with GRC.

I am facing error while selecting a EP system for raising a request for New User creation in GRC.

As soon as I click on ' OK ' , I get the error ( 2nd screenshot ) . I am not able to proceed to the 4th step ( Review & Submit ).

Please suggest .

Best Regards,

Rahul Muni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Threads .

Now in relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

• You have designed workflows ( New User creation / change user / removal of access )  in GRC for EP system.
  • You have followed all the steps which are necessary for Portal Integration ( EP ) with GRC.
  • You are facing an error while selecting a EP system for raising a request for New User creation in GRC.

The first point of analysis would be to ensure that the following documentation has been followed carefully and precisely to ensure there are no inadvertent discrepancies in your configuration:

Please check a SAP Note:

• SAP Note: 1607232  - GRC 10.0 Enterprise Portal Configuration

I've taken a look at some of the other threads that you have discussed this scenario in and the other comments regarding the creation of system aliases within EP are correct i.e.:

SAP-GRC

SAP-GRC-AC

SAP-GRC-RM

SAP-GRC-PC

Now regarding this particular error that you encounter:

• Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

You will find the guidance troubleshooting documentation on how to locate the root source of this exception error message in the link below:

Pointers for Troubleshooting Portal Runtime Errors - Portal - SCN Wiki

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Pointers+for+Troubleshooting+Portal+Runtime+Errors

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Troy ,

How to create System Aliases within EP .?

Regards,

Rahul