cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI File Adaptor (FTP mode) Sender Channel FTP commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a service set up to communicate via ftp to an external partner. Their FTP server is secured to a point that I am unable to connect with normal settings. They claim that the FTP server follows the RFC 959 standard and therefore we should be able to connect and extract a file from their server. Not happening!

The question:

What are the exact ftp commands issued by a Sender channel configuration to an external FTP server? I have all the usual setting: user/pass/path/server/file (with wild card).

I can not find a definitive listing of commands issued by the file adapter in ftp mode to the remote ftp server. Not just a listing but an actual flow of commands issued would be useful.

Would appreciate some help/direction.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Also see the below

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/15/transferring-data-from-sap-to-other-systems

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please look at the FTP Server parameters...

1) if you have given the uncheck the anonymous login they can connect with out giving the username and password to connect to the FTP server...please check this paramerter and also make sure that if are mainting the username and password it should be the same they are using to access the FTP server.

2) Please check the port and ip address

For more information i would suggest you to look at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/frameset.htm

Could you please reply us what would be exact problem u r facing?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, I am looking for exact commands issued by a 'file' adapter in SAP XI using the FTP mode during an active FTP session with an external FTP server.

I am not looking for OS command usage.

Appreciate the help.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See the below links

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

I have seen these in my investigations. There is useful information here, but does not address the question. I am looking for exact FTP commands used in the connection to, querying of, and retrieval from an external FTP server. You know like NLST, MGET, etc. What is the command flow during the ftp session process as issued by the Sender side.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chilla,

This is going in the right direction, but not specific to XI and how the FTP mode of the file adapter issues commands to an external server in order to 'pull' a file from that server.

I can extract the things I need (extremely difficult) from a log file, but would be great if a document existed that would explain the commands used during an FTP session as defined above.

Customer is requesting a command to extract a file from there server to be:

"get %CITISECUROUT%TEST test.txt".

This is suppose to be the file name setting, I think. Again they are stating that they are following RFC 959 explicitly. Based on their stance, they are requesting the actual commands issued so they can redefine their system to be able to accommodate SAP XI ftp requests.

Regards,

Mike