Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS for R & D and Plant construction

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I want to implement PS for R& D project (for In-house projects ) & Plant construction (turnkey Project  in-house  plant construction )  its just the initial discussion of project I am not aware with the whole scenario of Client  .Previously worked with Customer project Scenario  & aware wid the customer project scenario so just want to know difference  between Customer & R&D  , how R&D  implement in PS & which point to consider configuration point of view

One suggestion received from Saurabh by CAPEX project scenario but no more help available on SCN regarding this, also waiting for more suggestion.

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

You should look at the following points while configuring PS system for R&D projects..

1. What are current R&D projects considered as ( Expense to the company or asset creation)?

2.  Are there any project management activities which are needed to be mapped to PS? ( Custom fields, Validations, Government Certifications...)

3. Any Intellectual Property rights involved.. who can see what information of the project?

Based on these high levels you can configure PS.. More or less it will be similar to an Expense or Asset project depending upon how business answer to queston no.1

Hope it helps...

Regards

Sammar

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sammmer ,

Thanks for reply

They mainly they want to capture  direct Expenses  cost  and also want to asset  creation & settle (eg. Machines procured for project  ) .     More information will be received after detail requirement from customer, but  I just want to know at initial level any example how    R & D project run in SAP PS for this scenario .

Thanks ,

Virendra

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

It is simple then.. just use AUC for capturing expenses and capitalization of assets. Nothing major changes as far as PS goes..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can proceed like below:

1) Structure your Project (Project Code & WBS) as per your R&D Project stages/tasks

2) Cost Plan and Budget on the same according to requirement

3) Execution of your Projects involves: Expenditure on project(PR,PO etc), monitoring ,activity completions.

4) Settle the actual cost or expenditure on WBS to AUC. (AUC can be created automatically by IM)

5) And you can also capture all this AUC values to Fixed asset.

6) Complete your all tasks & close project.

Regards

Shishir

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

as per client requirements,

check with the finance team,what sort of settlement they are carrying out for R&D projects

do they consider it as an Asset,if yes then follow as said by Sammar/Shishir

if no then ask them how are they carrying out settlement,do they settle cost or not.if they do not want to settle cost then its on them let the cost lie in the project ,then you cant close project or else one JV from expense account from WBS of project can be made to the cost center or to G/L account as per finance

have discussions with your finance colleague and with the finance team of client

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to  All for reply,

I understand  the general scenario for R&D  from this thread , I will be back if any different requirement from client .

Thanks,

Virendra

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please close the thread and mark as answered