cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO BW/ BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement APO with built in BI. We have approximately 25000 CVC's. I wonder whether we need seperate BW/ BI instance for reporting or APO BW is sufficient for DP and reporting. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi somnath and Ian,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It does not sound like a lot of data unless you have a large horizon with small bucket sizes.

However, as Somnath says, make sure you have a suitably sized machine to enable users to query whilst others are planning. The main impacts are performance, the APO BW is designed to enable the planning to take place rather than be the main reporting tool.

You will need to decide how often and how quickly you have to plan. If, for example, you have a monthly planning cycle and the rest of the time is spent on querying the current status against the plan then there should be no problems. On the other hand, if you have a daily rescheduling exercise for production I would advise on a separate BW instance to report to enable the planning to take place as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

25000 CVC's - no separate BW/BI instance would be required. However make sure the APO system is sized appropriately considering the amount of querying to be done (users and the complexity) as well as the infocube records.

Thanks,

somnath