Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenDocument URL parameters in Design Studio 1.3

former_member192236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Design Studio version is 1.3 SP1.

My requirement is that users has to execute the Design Studio dashboard from the web browser by passing the parameters. Hence I am trying to achieve it using OpenDocument URL by passing the bex variable parameters in the URL. When they execute the dashboard they should not get the prompt screen which is what I am unable to achieve.

When the bex query has Optional Variables only, the setting 'Force Prompts on Startup = False' suppresses the prompt screen and the dashboard runs as per the parameters entered in the URL.

But when the bex query has Mandatory Variable, the setting does not suppress the prompt screen. I tried by giving Default Value in the Global Script variable for the mandatory variable and I have also tried the Default Value by setting in the variable properties inside bex. Both does not work and it still shows the prompt screen upon executing the URL.

My OpenDoc URL is shown below. 

http://.../BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=Fo4giFR_6AIA5EoAAAAnyk..nI6...

v_fper is mandatory variable and v_assid is optional variable. Below is my global script content and On Startup content.

setVariableValueExt also did not work.

Pls let me know if anybody has achieved it
successfully when we have Mandatory Variable in bex query.

Thanks & Regards,

Kesavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried setting the variables in the application event "On Variable Initialization"  of the application?

This event gets triggered before the variable submit and start up.

former_member192236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

I actually passed 009.2013 but it is cut while i pasted the link in scn here.

Hi Deepu

It works now aftr i moved the code to OnVar Init event. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards

Kesavan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Kesavan,

when the prompting screen comes up are at least the values that you did send set for the prompts ?

it looks like you are sending a value like 009.2... to one of the variables. the URL gets cut here.

In case that is a variable for something like the Calendar Month and year, perhaps you wanna try to use the internal value as value in the URL

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kesavan - what is the possibility of your upgrading to 1.4 (perhaps as a proof of concept?) and trying the RRI?

Deepu has a nice blog on this at

Tammy