Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users not appearing in search boxes

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys and girls,

This is an odd one and too many people are involved in this configuration, so I will preface my question below by saying that it's likely very straightforward.

The GRC system has been configured (somewhat) and users appear in the search boxes for ARA etc.  The intended test user is not appearing.  This user exists and can be pulled up in SU01.  The user has GRC roles assigned.

The user data source has been set to point to that system where the user exists.  When I go into ARA and select that system and search for the user, the user won't appear.  Sync jobs have been run and have completed.

Other users appear and configured features appear to work.

So now, I'm trying to figure out what might have been misconfigured?

The attached screenshots show that the user doesn't appear in the search dialog but the user can be found in SUIM for that system.

Thanks for your help.

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

After much looking around, it turned out that someone in BASIS had changed authorizations on the RFC user and this was causing the sync job to fail.  This is what happens when you have 10 people configuring GRC all over the place.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

May be you can try below mentioned authorization check.

Please check if the users who are not coming in search has GRFN_USER with ACTVT 16 assigned or not in GRC system?

Regards,

Madhu.

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Checked and confirmed - the user in question has this authorization and activity.

Santosh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

has this user any special character? Like "'"? Can you see the user in the list if you search for wildcards "*"?

Regards,

Alessandro

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

This user name is similar to about a dozen other test users. The user validity date is set correctly. It appears that it's a data source issue because the missing user is only available in one system where I need to test whereas the other test users are available in all the other configured systems.

As a background, the GRC test system has a whole lot of test users including my troublesome user. I'm in the same GRC test system and have checked the user data source and have set it to point to itself (the data source is the GRC test system). I've checked the connector defaults and for different logical groups, different systems have been selected as default. The GRC test system isn't default for anything though it's in the list.

In ARA, when I select the GRC test system, the problem test user doesn't appear. After much examining, I feel that the GRC system is pulling data from another system but I'm not sure which one.

Since I've set the data sources setting to point to the GRC test system, I'm not sure where else it might be set to pull users from another system.

Thanks,

Santosh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

it would be easier for us if we see the configuration. Maybe you can share some screenshots.

Basically you must be aware (I assume you are) that you can configure different data sources (detail data source, user search data source, etc.). Did you properly configure all of them and set to gather data from SU01?

Regards,

Alessandro

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Confirmed. It has been set correctly. I'll post screenshots.