cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql command lookup - hana vs. oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any kind of lookup/comparison for HANA DB vs. Oracle or other RDBM's?

Something akin to this lookup that covers things @ the O/S level, but at the DB level?

http://www.bhami.com/rosetta.html

There are so many SQL commands for various things that I used to use w/ SAP systems running on Oracle.....and now when I need the same general type of info - it's not always clear where to find it w/ HANA DB.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to understand and compare typical analysis SQL statements you can check SAP Note 1438410 (Oracle) vs. SAP Note 1969700 (SAP HANA). The statement names can give you a clue for what purpose the commands are required. E.g. "...LargestTables" would be a command to display the largest tables.

SAP Note 1969815 provides some differences in the SQL area between SAP HANA and Oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Martin - thank you - this was excellent information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The note 1969700 is great and we have used it while collecting the data for SAP cases in the past

Can you please let us know if there is a HANA SQL Commands reference?

I did find one under help.sap.com topic : SAP HANA SQL and SYSTEM VIEWS REFERENCE but this does not help in Database security SQL Queries

I am mainly looking for HANA SQL Queries to create new users, assign ROLES, PRIVILEGES and OBJECT PRIVILEGES

Your help is much appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find security related commands in the SAP HANA SQL reference at:

SQL Statements -> Access Control Statements

(Access Control Statements - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library)

Answers (0)