cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actual post goods issue date

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i have a requirement to enter actual goods issue date manual when creating outbound delivery. i tried to search on forum but they speaks about make this field determined by the system but my issue is the opposite i need to enter the date manual. i hope any response ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam,

Can you let us know that why you want (or client requested you) to enter the actual PGI date manually?

It gets filled up automatically once goods issue is posted.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi samier

mu client enter orders and outbound deliveries after 1 day from its actual day so any actual goods issue done today will enter on the system tomorrow so he needs to enter actual GI date manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam,

Then, it that case what has been suggested is correct. That's the field he's talking about.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam, just a suggestion, as I don't know your processes around delivery creation and GI posting. Wouldn't it be better to post the GI with posting date 'today -1' so that actual GI date in outbound delivery is correctly updated by the system and corresponds to the GI posting date? It seems to me a bit more proper.

Cheers,

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi samier

thank you first, yes that is what i want but in EHP7 actual GI date is displayed field so i cannot enter the actual date manual and my client case we need to enter the actual GI date manual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tomas

thanks for your support, your suggestion is very correct but to see the data more accurate we need to enter this date as planned goods issue date and my client enter all process in the system after one day from the actual dates so he need to change the actual goods issue date manual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam,

I have a query.

If everything is happening today, then how system will PGI for yesterday? I mean that order/delivery is being created today (12/11/2014), will system allow you to PGI dated yesterday (12/12/2014) assuming that system allows you to enter actual GI date.

Kindly check.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi samier

order, outbound delivery and PGI will enter on the system day later, means that order, delivery and PGI for 11.12.2014 will enter on the system 12.12.2014 but actually this transaction is for 11.12.2014 so all actual dates must be at 11.12.2014. in EHP7 i cannot enter the actual PGI date manually in VL01N or VL02n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Islam, like a broken record I'll come back to my first post. Do you post GI manually? In VL06O > ODs for GI you can mass process your deliveries (per creation date for example) and post GI with backdated Actual GI Date as the system will ask you for this date in a pop-up. If this is not option try the disabled actual GI date field solution as proposed in the post below;

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3464560

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
yes that is what i want but in EHP7 actual GI date is displayed field so i cannot enter the actual date manual 

Am not sure the above statement that since it is EHp7 it is in disable mode in your case. But in my system we are having EHP7 as well but am having the same field in editable mode.

I guess it could be authorization issue also. Check with security team may be based on Business request it could have been disabled it in your system.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinu S

thank you a lot for your reply, can you check something for in your system, my users have the authorization for movement type 601 but it's activity is Create or generate, Display so if you can check in your system if it must be Create or generate, Change, Display

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try in VL01N -> in item over view tab you can find Actual GI date?

thank,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinu

thank you for your reply but staging date is the only date in item overview