cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with ESRI Shapefiles in Hana Studio

0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to import a shapefile using Hana Studio 2.0.7, I always get the following error:

com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: ShapefileImport: inconsistent datatype: Failed to parse from WellKnownText

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:345)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:185)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.buildExceptionChain(ReplyPacket.java:102)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:1030)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:820)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.sendCommand(StatementSapDB.java:896)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.sendSQL(StatementSapDB.java:945)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.execute(StatementSapDB.java:256)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.execute(StatementSapDB.java:228)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.trace.Statement.execute(Statement.java:132)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.util.SQLExecutor$1.run(SQLExecutor.java:118)

I followed the prerequisite from this documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/6e/e89f6694244966bcd25f429840575e/content.htm

and I'm wandering if there is anything specific that needs to be done the shapefile. The shapefiles come from Arcgis for Desktop.

The error seems about a wrong WKT. I believe this is about the projection format which is a standard WGS84 Web Mercator: Maybe it is necessary to register the projections before importing?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean

In SPS10 or SPS11 you will get a more detailed error message. I guess the problem is you are trying to import the data with the wrong spatial reference system (SRS). If you do not specify a SRS during import, we will use the default which is 0 (euclidean space) and your coordinates do not fit into the boundary anymore.

In the latest studio version you can specify the SRS or you do it on the command line with the following command:

IMPORT "TEST"."SHAPE" AS SHAPEFILE FROM '/stmp/shapes' WITH SRID 3857;

Please note, that the SRS 3857 (Web Mercator ) must exists.

Best

Hinnerk

janet_min
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jean,

Would you please let me know the revision of  your HANA DB?

If it's lower than 93, you can try to upgrade it to 93 to have a try?

Best regards.

Janet

candy_zhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Would you mind updating to HANA studio 2.0.11?

Best regards,

Candy