cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR IN CONNECTING TO INFORMATION STEWARD

0 Kudos

Dear All

We are facing the issue in Information Steward login.It gives the error saying cannot connect to repository.While I am able to login to repository through oracle.This issue happens suddenly,it was working fine 2 days befor.All the server are running fine.Here attaching the screen shot of the error.Please find the details of the server and tool:-\

Windows server 2008 R2 enterprise

SAP IPS-4.1 SP2

SAP DS-4.2 SP1

SAP IS-4.2 SP1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon to the CMC>Applications>Information Steward, right click and select IS repository. Do you see a valid connection setting for the repo? Enter the password again, apply and test. If the problem persists restart cms and tomcat.

0 Kudos

Dear Nawfal,

Done with all these still problem persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see any error details in the InformationSteward*.log  files found in <%BOE Install%>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging.

0 Kudos

Nothing Specific .hard luck

0 Kudos

Nothing Specific .hard luck

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

Reinstall IS and using the don't create IS CMS option. This should repair your issue.

Thanks,

BW

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

What about all the rules,tasks it will all be gone.How can i take the back up if I am not able to login to IS.

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

This is that to consider. It's been some time since I've even seen an IS environment. Isn't there a backup in DI that you can run? Do you have a sandbox or Dev system to try this out first? I know you won't lose metadata management items.

Answers (0)