cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver AS 7.4 install error for secure store

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Netweaver Java AS 7.4.  I get the following error when the install process is trying to create the secure store.

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.4 Support Release 2 > Oracle > SAP Systems > Application Server Java > Standard System > Standard System( Last error reported by the step: Node /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW740SR2/ORA/INSTALL/STD/install/lib/engine does not exist.). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
    • Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
    • Stop the option and continue later.
    • Log files are written to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW740SR2/ORA/INSTALL/STD/.

I have checked on the system and the Node /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW740SR2/ORA/INSTALL/STD/install/lib/engine definitely exists. Not sure which areas to focus on within the logs such as installation log, server.trc, SDTServer.log etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know what kinds of logs or other info is needed to help with troubleshooting.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Try to give the full permission on the engine forder.

Also check whether the jar files are present in engine folders or not.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh, thanks for the reply, I fixed the problem by adding the SIDADM user to the SAPINST group to allow it to have the right permission to the directory. As such, the installation was able to create the required folders and install the required jar files in the tools folder.

My installation is now progressing.

Regards,

Peter Chan

Answers (0)