cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Budget from one WBS element to another New WBS with in Tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have tried to transfer a budget from existing wbs element to another new wbs element with in Tree

through  Tranactions code : CJ34

I got an error massage that : the annual budget 2014 is negative for

theat particular wbs eventhough there is a budget in this wbs

Kindly find the below screen shot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member228466
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

As you want to transfer the budget from one WBS to another.

1. Use the report S_ALR_87013558 which gives the detail of available budget which can be transfer to other WBS. If budget is not available than u cant transferred.

2. Now Supposed 1000 is available than check the released budget in CJ32. If released is 500 than u can transfer only 500.

3. if some WBS having available budget as 1000 and released budget is 1000 than check that budget is coming from child WBS and goes to header level. Like Header 1000 and two Child WBS 500 and 500 than you can transfer the WBS from Header.

4. If you want to decreased the budget use CJ38, suppose WBS having 1000 and you want to transfer 200 than go to CJ32 and make the amount as 800 and Total up, Over all project budget should be less by  200. than use CJ38 for budget return.

5. For budget Supplementary use CJ37 to increase the budget and released it by CJ32.

Thanks

Yogendra Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

as i understand, you didn't enter annual budget and also you didn't release the budget.

so you haven't annual budget for selected sender WBS in year 2014, please remove "Sender year" from Cj34 and then execute it ,based on your screen shots you maintained the value in that filed  so leads to this error.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas B,

Now assign the budget in CJ37 for the amount which is to be transferred for the W.B.S.E which is not assigned (don't total up the amount) and then try to transfer in CJ34 without entering year and select the overall values too

Regards

Ambarish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shishir,

I have tried to do above process but system is not allowing me  return post value it show me the below error message.

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As from screenshot, its clearly visible that you are returning budget from WBS on which there is no current budget. That is why system is giving error of -1000 negative as you enter 1000 on return column.

Remember, you can return budget only if there is some positive available budget on concern WBS.

Available/Returnable Budget= Current Budget-Released Budget

So as I see in your screenshot, you have current budget on WBS C/SCOTA/01, not on C/SCOTA/08 and you are trying to return on C/SCOTA/08. So that is why you are getting error.

I hope you got your answer.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shishir,

I would like to inform you that, Myorginal issues is "Transfer a budget value from existing wbs element to another new wbs element with in Tree through  Tranactions code : CJ34"

Not For the Return budget

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Srinivas B

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you attach the screen shots for CJ30 and Cj32 for your project?

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sammer,

Please find the attached below screens shot of CJ30 and CJ32

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I already mentioned in earlier reply, Transfer with in same hierarchy is not possible. So I was replying you other work around i.e. return budget and supplement to other one.

Regards

Shishir

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In your case you have Overall Budgets  for your project and in CJ34 you are trying to do an Annual transfer which cannot be done.. . As you are not maintaining anything for FY2014 for your project..

In CJ34 check the overvall values check box and transfer the values without entering the sender year and receiver year..

See how it goes..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also in your main post, I can see, you are trying to transfer budget from C/SCOTF/08. Now you are trying to return from another one C/SCOTA/08.

Please provide a screenshot of CJ30 of that WBS C/SCOTF/08 because you are getting error on this initially.

Also if you want to transfer from C/SCOTA/08, then system will give you error beacuse you can see there is no budget. But is on its parent that is C/SCOTA/01. You should transfer from this.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sammer,

I have already tried above mentioned process, but system is not allowing me to process the document in CJ34.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shishir,

I would like to inform you that, I am the transfer the budget from C/SCOTA/08 to C/SCOTG/01 but it is not happening. what you have suggested the return process im trying to follow that but system is not allow me to post document.

Please find the Attached of CJ30.

Regards

Srinivas B

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

have you checked the overall values button in CJ34?  because what you have in Cj30 is Overall values and in CJ34 you are doing Annual?

Please confirm..

Regards

sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already mentioned in bold in my last reply that transfer from C/SCOTA/08 will give you error because there is no budget on that.

Apart from this, you have posted  screenshot of C/SCOTF/08. It's okay. Now tell me how much amount you are trying to transfer & to which WBS?

Your Current= 79125000

Assigned= 37937675.25

Now if Released budget is 0(as not covered in screenshot) then transferable amount=(79125000-39737675.25)= 39387324.75

Also get some basic idea about how budgeting works in PS, below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/fa/6ba8374d4d6f5ee10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shishir,

Yes you have mentioned even i am trying to allocate the budget for WBS element  C/SCOTA/08 in CJ30 , but system is not allowing to post.

I want tranfer the amount ie: 3750000 from WBS element :C/SCOTA/08  to C/Scotg/01 and released amount is ZERO in CJ34.

Note : WBS element is belong to Investement management Module.

I have gone through the above link

thank you for your support.

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As standard, you can't transfer budget among WBS with in same hierarchy. Another option is to return your budget from sender from CJ35 and give budget as supplement to receiver WBS from CJ37.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shishir,

Thank you for your immedtiate response.

I have try to do the return budget from Sender from CJ35, but system is not allowing me to do process .it is given the below error

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned budget annually? Please check budget availability in year 2014 for the WBS.

Available= current-release

Is it in negative?

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shishir,

I would like to inform you that, I have not assgined the budget annaully for 2014 and when i am trying to assgin system is not allowing to me assgin the budget and it is showing the below error message.

I have checked the available value it is not negative.

Thank you for your promt support.

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means you have not assign yearly budget. You have assigned overall budget. Try below steps for return budget:

1) Execute CJ38 and enter your Project, not WBS

2) There select your WBS, from which you want to take return

3) Enter your returnable budget, select return column. and then in menu bar->edit->total up->save.

Check this.

Regards

Shishir

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Have you distributed the 375000 to below level WBS within that branch? Whats the AVAC settings for your project?

IN CJ30 check how much is available as distributeable for this WBS? And only that amount you can transfer.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar