cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity of SAP Note for Kernel 700

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a system here which is on Kernel Rel 700 Level 278. I am being asked to implement SAP Note 2042845 - Potential denial of service in Enqueue Server.

From the SAP Note, i see that the validity of the note includes my system, which is correct, right?

My next question is, which among the mentioned release and support package level of the kernel should I apply to my system?

Appreciate your response on this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. Are there any known compatibility issues between Kernel 720 (or kernel 720_ext) and ECC 6.0 SR3 SPS18?

Our systems are quite old and been running on kernel 7.00 for a long time--with no issues. We are worried that upgrading the kernel will introduce issues to our systems.

I've been looking for SAP notes regarding the compatibility issues but I couldn't find one on the marketplace. Thank you!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is simple.

Which system are you running on currently and what's your OS ?

Based on these questions you can start choosing the minimum required kernel among above.

However, it's good to go at 720 highest patch level considering your current old release.

For example and reference start with 

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1636252

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the release from 700 to 730 supported kernel is release 720 ext, from 740  you can use kernel 740 itself.

As per your OS select the kernel and use the best practice n - 1 patch level.

Thanks,

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are still running a kernel or message server on release 7.00, 7.01, 7.10, or 7.11 SAP strongly recommend to upgrade the kernel to release 7.20.

Refer the below blog and note:

1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

regards,

pavan

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to upgrade the kernel with release min 7.20 and after that apply the latest patch available at SMP for the kernel.

Regards,

Gaurav