Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inheritance of Extended Attributes in LDM models

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering ... is it possible to inherit an Extended Attribute the same way standard attributes are inheritet?

Let's take this example.

I have defined some new Extended Attributes... onle of them is To Be Removed in Next Version. Now, I want this atribute to inherite same way as the standard attributes do when defining inheritance ...

In th example above, we can see "To Be Removed in Next Version" is set for two attributes in the CONTRACT entity, but not inheritet in the AFI_CONTRACT entity...

How to set-up an Extended Attribute in the way it get's inherited?

Thanks,

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The inheritance is occurring.  What is missing is the formatting of the inherited metadata in the symbol of the subclass.

What you need to probably do is put in a support case to have this fixed as an enhancement.

Chris

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

how do you know the inheritance is occurring? The attributes get not replicated, so I'm not sure it's only an appearance problem...

I was trying to use criterions etc. but for some reason I was not successful...

Thanks,

Rafal

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

When you open the properties of the sub-entity, the entity attributes of the parent do not show in the attributes list.  They are not replicated as they are inherited from the parent.

What you are seeing in the diagram is the way an inheritance shows in a logical model diagram.  If you perform the same in a CDM, you do not see the columns of the parent shown in the child.

Either way, the entity attribute will be inherited by the child as expected.  What you are seeing is an issue with the Display Preferences not honouring the way entity attributes are defined to show with the 'customize content' of the entity symbol in Display Preferences.

If you add a 'real' entity attribute to the child and set one of your extended attributes on this new entity attribute, it will show in the symbol of the child as well (here I did have to copy the symbol format of the parent to the child), but the inherited parent attributes of the symbol still do not show.

The point here is that this is an error in the Display Preferences related to how a symbol is shown/formatted.  It does not affect the actual metadata of the model.

Chris