cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Existing AWS HANA One to SPS8 and Above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support, I have a few questions.  I was having problems with the HANA management console private chat, so I'm asking it here.

1) What is the highest revision currently available on AWS HANA One?

2) If SPS9 is not available, when is the expected availability on HANA One?

3) How hard is it to upgrade an existing revision 74 instance to SPS8 and above as the Management Console addon menu doesn't provide the option for us on an existing instance? Are the steps really involved and is a fresh install the best way to go but requires migrating any data?  Saw this post detailing this at:

But wasn't able to do a private chat to get further details on the upgrade process on an existing instance from Revision 74 to SPS8+.

Thank you.

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP HANA One SPS 8 presently on AWS. We would like to upgrade it to SPS 9 but unable to find any way to do it on AWS. Is it possible/supported on AWS. If yes, then please do share the process/pointers or do we need to spin new instance of SPS 9 ?

We also tried spinning another instance of SPS 9 on AWS Hana One but i am not able to migrate schemas from SPS 8 to 9. Pls refer the thread below for the error details:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3781816

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

1) It depends on HANA One version

For Rev52.1/52.2 customers  highest available version is Rev74.

For Rev 70.0 customers highest available version is Rev 83.

2) SPS 9 will take couple of weeks for HANA One rev70.0 customers to be released

3) Are you Rev52.2/ Rev52.1 HANA One  customer. In that case you have to launch new HANA One from AWS marketplace and migrate data from old instance to new Rev70.0 and upgrade HANA to Rev83 from addon manager.

You can check your HANA One version on admin page of management console.

Thanks,

Priyank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank.  Thank you for your response.  We're running Rev52.2 upgraded to Revision 74.  But we don't have the addon option to upgrade to Rev83.  So it sounds like the only sure fire way is to launch a new instance and migrate data from the old instance.  I thought from the forum link provided in the original post above that there was a manual "backend" way to upgrade an existing instance to SPS8?  Let me know if that is not the case any longer.

Thanks again.

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

As your instance is on SPS1, the only way to get Rev80+ is to launch new instance from AWS marketplace and migrate data from the old instance to new one. You might have to apply license once you migrate data to new instance which is available as addon "HANA License 3.0".

Thanks,

Priyank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe Bond

We are pleased to inform you that SPS9 trial version (non productive) is available under HANA One Console Rev 80.0 (Get it from aws marketplace - http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/hana-one-support/blog/2015/01/10/major-major-update-to-s...)

You can find it on Product List.

Key features :

•In built with HANA Rev 91.0 SPS9 .

•Dev Edition with Limited license of 1 month and 30 GB Hana memory limit.

•Low cost due to SS backed up volumes.

•Easy to launch from HANA One Portal from Instance Launch page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prajakta.  We'll check it out and let you know if we have any questions.