cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning options for Agentry apps and iOS

sschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Curious if anyone has implemented scanning using an external device with iOS for Agentry based apps. For a high-volume scanning application, we do not want to use the camera.  There are iOS sled scanner options available from Honeywell and Infinite Peripherals, but these are not pre-integrated with the Agentry client.  Has anyone attempted to use OpenUI to talk to the scanner device SDK, and if so what kind of effort was involved?  Also Bluetooth scanners seem like an option, but would only work as a keyboard wedge, and require turning off all the native scanning functions.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Scott,

Engineering is working on adding support for what they call the OpenScan SDK.  This will enable you to create scanning interfaces that replace the camera scanning and will then give you the ability to use the scanning sleds or other Bluetooth scanners on iOS.  This is currently targeted to be included in the SDK SP07 release.

In the meantime you can certainly use OpenUI to create barcode scan field but you are not able to currently generate the scan events to cause lists to filter or trigger scan match/no match actions.  It may be possible to get close to the same functionality with OpenUI today but I would recommend just waiting for the OpenScan support.

The OpenScan SDK will be available for iOS, Android and WPF clients.  I do know some folks have written OpenUI NFC scanning controls for Android but I am not aware of anything on iOS.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

is there an official statement (e.g. for customers) when this SDK could be available?

Kind regards,

Mike

Answers (0)