cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling data element with attributes in grahpical mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I have created a datatype from importing an external xsd. The xsd is using complex type and when the PI created the following structure:

Note that I am trying to get the graphical mapping to insert values into component->perform and value, key->name and value. I haven't found a way to do so. When I test it with wsnavigator or ABAP proxy, here is what I saw:

However, on the graphical mapping, I don't know how to get to the content. So I can use graphical mapping to put in perform=get or name=EMPLID. But I cannot put in content.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else has seen this problem before?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

#simplecontent actually refers to the value in that particular tag while it displays in WSNavigator.

In mapping, you just try to map it to the field component directly. It should work.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sunil.

Another question is that is there a way to create 2 records of the key element? For example, I want to generate the following xml in the output.

<component perform="get">CI_SSEPP_LVE_BAL_R</component>

<key name="EMPLID">500087156</key>

<key name="EMPL_RCD">2</key>

<EMPLID>500087156</EMPLID>

<EMPL_RCD>2</EMPL_RCD>

Assume that only emplid = 500087156 is coming from the source, everything else is hard coded. How do you generate the 2 key elements in the output with graphical mapping?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can make key field as 0-unbounded and duplicate the key fields in the target.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm90/helpdata/en/d8/8b6bb06afd4c87a1b53f903dbb439f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ramkumar!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i understand correctly you want  to restrict the field values by using enumeration?

refer the blog -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ramkumar

Thanks for your reply.

No, what I want is to get the graphical mapping to put in the "#simplecontent" which I haven't found a way to access it. Here is what I saw:

I don't see how to put in the "simplecontent". It is "hidden" somewhere and I couldn't get to it. But it is obviously there according to wsnavigator and sproxy.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK - we cannot have special characters in the datatype field/attribute names as per the xml standards and conventions.