cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brtools, brbackup, brrestore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing problem while taking Backup using DB13 error: BR0152E Environment variable SAPDATA_HOME is not set........

Environment i am using:

SAP Application Server CI: Windows 2008 R2

SAP Database Instance: Linux

Database: Oracle 11g

//sapmnt is mounted on Linux

what are SAP recommendations on this.. and how to take backup and restore?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The problem here is that the DB and CI are running on 2 different hosts (Linux and Windows).

If you start the backup manually from the OS level (DB node) it will run without any issues but it will fail if executed from Tx DB13. I believe the solution here is to install a standalone gateway on the DB node and this will help the DB13 jobs run without any issues.

1974030 - How to configure DB13 to work with a standalone Oracle database in Unix/Linux

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cannot even take backups from DB host because //sapmnt contains windows .exe file like brtools.exe.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

First, The BR*Tools must be installed on the database server. They only run from there.

So now, how do you "call" them?

If you have an SAP instance on the Database Server, there is no problem as you have then the Linux Kernel there. You only need to install the Linux BR*Tools.

Wali Hassan Siddiqui wrote:

i cannot even take backups from DB host because //sapmnt contains windows .exe file like brtools.exe.

this comment seems to point that you have nothing on the database server.

If that is the case you have two options

1) install the Linux BR*Tools there and configure SAP to use remote shell to call them.

2) install an SAP Gateway on the database server. Then you have an SAP kernel there and you can install the Linux BR*Tools there.

You already have been provided with the note 1974030

The note focus on the point 1) and it says that it does not work for windows.

It does, the only problem is that in older windows versions you need a 3rd party remote shell but seems that newer ones have one (How to enable Windows Remote Shell</title> <!-- integration code for PDF --> <link hr...) I cannot give details about it as I only work with real operating systems.

in any case, check the note 446172, but if you do not install the BR*tools on the database server DB13 will never work

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to check your environment variables.

these seem not to be set .

To do so you can have a look at SAP notes

602843 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on UNIX

556232 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on Windows

Best regards,

Steve.