cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple FM calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in my mapping i have to call a FM to retrieve some values from SAP ECC.

Mapping is

-HEADER, 1

-field1

-field2

-field3

-field4

- LINES,  999

For every field of header I have to call same FM with same input parameters but different return values, for exemple:

outputvalue1--> field1

outputvalue2--> field2

My question is:

I have to make n different calls, one for every field, or I can make a single FM call at header node and then populate fields with return values?

Thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Sometimes the best solution is to have a better architecture. You have to wonder if that architecture with N RFC calls in one scenario is the best to do, why don't change the RFC to take n fields and to response n output values in one shoot?, try to think if this is possible and you can reduce the scenario complexity.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

no problem in changing UDF in order to response n output.

My problem is: how to put these n output fields in output structure?

I have to put RFC call at header node?

Thanks

Fabio

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

May be i missundertood something about your requeriment, if you need to retrieve multiple values you can do with a RFC lookup as well, check Shabarish Vijayakumar's blog

On the other hand, what is your entire scenario?, if you have async - async one you can use a async/sync bridge instead of the RFC lookup.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

unfortunatly I'm on PI 7.0, I don't have graphical RFC lookup.

My scenario is File to IDOC, so async. Don't know anything about async/sync bridge.

Fabio

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Async/Sync bridge is not available in PI 7.0. it would let you to do a FILE - RFC - IDOC in one shoot. In my opinion, with PI 7.0 the best way to do your scenario is to have two, First FILE - RFC, inside the RFC call the PI to the second scenario that it can be RFC/PROXY - IDOC. What do you think about this?

Regards.

Answers (0)