cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the process to send timekeeping transactions from an external system to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our customers is asking for an application able to interface with SAP for payroll transactions.

I have understood that we should create CAT2 transactions.

- Can somebody explain what is the process to interface with SAP using Info Types?

- Have anybody a document explaining the structure of the records that needs to be created?

TIA,

Costica Moldovanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Time Reporting, Payroll, and Payroll based on Time Reporting are three different things.  From your question one cannot understand properly what is the business requirement.

What is the functionality of non-SAP system that should be interfaced with SAP?

Cheers,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The external system is a Driver Management system which calculates the actual time that is supposed to be paid to the drivers base don the work performed on a specific day.

The actual request from the client is:

The application must be capable of integrating with the following SAP infotypes.

• 2001 Absences

• 2002 Work

• 2003 Work replacements

• 2010 Remuneration

• 2012 Time balance updates

The the application must accommodate both payroll/time data ETL processes.

So I was looking if somebody knows the process to interface with these infotypes. I mean if is there a  file structure that I can use to create an external file which can be uploaded to SAP.

TIA,

Costica

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd suggest moving this to HCM forum.

Basically you want to feed SAP Payroll system from external Time Management application.  But SAP will drive specific requirements on the data you pass through the interface and PI mapping is dependent on that.

And it looks beyond simple transfer of hours, because you have Absences and Work replacements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Costica,

Please search the SCN forum with Topic CATS.. You will find lot of thread already discussed on this topic.

Just to give brief intorduction, you can start with below link

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CATS/CATS.pdf

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tushar for your time.

I have searched the forums and really I did not find something helpful for me.

I do NOT have actually access to a SAP system. So I was looking for a description of the process to upload CAT2 (?) transactions to SAP. Also if there is a file layout that I can use to create the external file which later will be uploaded into a staging area in SAP.

TIA,

Costica