cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Inital Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to run ABAP inital load job with delta one time per day. It is simple for small amount systems and clients.

However I have to run the job for about 500 clients of 80 systems.

Is there a way to make this happen easily? Creating repository for each client and then create a job for each repository is quite difficult?

I appreciate your help.

Oktay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Oktay,

If you have total 500 clients of 80 systems then you can schedule ABAP initial load job for all systems' client from IDM console, as per your requirement (i.e once in 2 day or weekly) in your landscape and the only thing that you need to ensure that job is not failing for any system's client rather then doing a kick start of ABAP initial load for every system's client.

Regards

Girish Almiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Thank you for your reply. However I am not sure if I understood correctly. Do you mean I should create repositories for each client, create jobs for all clients and schedule them periodically?

If yes, actually this exactly what I want to avoid. It will take ages until I do all and will be difficult to manage. Is there a easier way to do that than creating each repository and job client by client?

Thanks so much for your help.

Oktay

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have similar issue, although nowhere near the number of repositories you have.

The repository selection (Options-tab in the job definition) goes to repository-column in mc_jobs-table. It looks like it's possible to create a batch job that will update the column (to Database pass with SQL Updating option) and executes the actual job (to Generic pass that calls uRunJobNow) you want to run. I've ran this only in my sandbox, not in real IdM yet. So you could have a batch job that will call the privilege update for several repositories in controlled fashion. Scheduling the privilege refresh jobs so that they run nicely one after another will still be painful..

It is also possible to create the repositories in a job as they're stored in db-tables. Although it looked like it worked well in my sandbox I chose not to run it at customer system as it's shared with another project. None of what I mentioned above is supported/documented by SAP.

Creating the account-attributes is also possible programatically, take a look how it's done in the initial load template. I am not sure (ran out of time with my tests) what will happen if you run the initial load in production system and it will create the account-attribute and you import a fresh config from lower environment that does not have that account-attribute. I've created the account-attributes in DEV and have them transported to the higher environments in the "classical" way.

regards, Tero

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

Out of those 500 clients do you have few CUA's? then you can connect only the CUA's to IDM.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is no CUA in the landscape.

Regards

Oktay

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oktay,
                   as part of the planning is it possible just to have one leading system in your landscape e.g LDAP directory or SAP HCM system which then means you do not need to have so many update jobs in general ?

Thanks,

Chris

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. In our master landscape, we have to sync also new roles and users from ABAP systems into IDM system periodically. If new roles are missing in IDM system, it will not be acceptable.

Thanks so much for your help.

Oktay